Re: [Clip] Re: Replace using list ...

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
      diodeom wrote:
      > Then in the first list

      I take it you're thinking of one clip working on both - presumably open
      - files. Could you elaborate a little on how to choose and swap the file
      you're working on?

      Thanks
      Axel
    • diodeom
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
        I take it you're thinking of one clip working on both - presumably open
        > - files. Could you elaborate a little on how to choose and swap the file
        > you're working on?

        Two clips, actually (much like in your concept). After populating both arrays from the tab-delimited doc (by the initial clip, maybe ran only once), the proper (looping) clip does its routine on the target list(s? -- maybe repetitively). I don't think there is much to be gained here by employing ^!Get/SetDocIndex (or whichever doc management functions/commands). It takes "a willing act of Don" :) to choose the docs, to clear (otherwise temporarily persisting) possibly hefty variables %Code% and %Name%, or to maybe preserve these arrays for any future use (by writing them to the second clip, or by populating a handy ini file with streamlined, paired school name/school code values), or to... -- and so on. Lots of maybes.
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
          diodeom wrote:
          > Two clips, actually

          I see. I tend always to forget, that arrays and other variables can
          persist across clips. Out of a bit of misplaced purism I prefer not to
          make use of that.

          Danke