Re: [Clip] Re: Replace using list ...

  • Don
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
      > :Loop
      > ^!Inc %N%
      > ^!Replace ";(^%Name^%N%%);\1;">> "^%Code^%N%%" WRS1
      > ^!If ^%N%=^%Code0% End Else Loop
      >
      > */ Is the inconsistency in codes or names? Is there a tab after "DCC" or after "DCC Novi?" One way or another, I'd think it would help to prep them beforehand.

      Like your idea and Axel's.

      The inconsistency is that the name in the first file might be different
      than the name in the second (Blank School & Preparatory Academy vs Blank
      School AND Preparatory Academy -- or -- Rutherford-Central vs Rutherford
      Central). After running through the first time if there are instances
      where the "code" spot is over four characters then I can adjust that
      particular school name -- there are only a couple like that.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
        diodeom wrote:
        > Then in the first list

        I take it you're thinking of one clip working on both - presumably open
        - files. Could you elaborate a little on how to choose and swap the file
        you're working on?

        Thanks
        Axel
      • diodeom
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
          I take it you're thinking of one clip working on both - presumably open
          > - files. Could you elaborate a little on how to choose and swap the file
          > you're working on?

          Two clips, actually (much like in your concept). After populating both arrays from the tab-delimited doc (by the initial clip, maybe ran only once), the proper (looping) clip does its routine on the target list(s? -- maybe repetitively). I don't think there is much to be gained here by employing ^!Get/SetDocIndex (or whichever doc management functions/commands). It takes "a willing act of Don" :) to choose the docs, to clear (otherwise temporarily persisting) possibly hefty variables %Code% and %Name%, or to maybe preserve these arrays for any future use (by writing them to the second clip, or by populating a handy ini file with streamlined, paired school name/school code values), or to... -- and so on. Lots of maybes.
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
            diodeom wrote:
            > Two clips, actually

            I see. I tend always to forget, that arrays and other variables can
            persist across clips. Out of a bit of misplaced purism I prefer not to
            make use of that.

            Danke