Capitalize

  • C
    Message 1 of 5 , May 26, 2010
      Friends,

      There exist a way to capitalize all words in a sentence?

      Like:

      this is an example --> This Is An Example.

      Thanks !!!!
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 5 , May 26, 2010
        There's more than one way. You can just use the toolbar, or you can call the toolbar in a clip, or
        you can use string functions to accomplish it. We need to know more about your requirement to give a
        good answer.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 26, 2010
          For example, I have a variable:

          ^Set %var%=this is an example

          I need to change this ^%var% to "This Is An Example".

          In other words, to capitalize the first character of a text in a variable.

          Thanks!
          ------------------------------

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "C" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

          > Friends,
          >
          > There exist a way to capitalize all words in a sentence?
          >
          > Like:
          >
          > this is an example --> This Is An Example.
          >
          > Thanks !!!!

        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 5 , May 26, 2010
            C wrote:
            > For example, I have a variable:
            >
            > ^Set %var%=this is an example
            >
            > I need to change this ^%var% to "This Is An Example".
            >
            > In other words, to capitalize the first character of a text in a variable.
            >
            > Thanks!
            > ------------------------------
            >

            > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "C" <backup2abet@...> wrote:
            >> Friends,
            >>
            >> There exist a way to capitalize all words in a sentence?
            >>
            >> Like:
            >>
            >> this is an example --> This Is An Example.
            >>
            >> Thanks !!!!

            C,

            If you want to do this from the keyboard try, Shift+Ctrl K, from a
            clip try,
            ^Set %var%=^$StrCapitalize("this is an example")$

            ºvº SL_day# 146 - created 2010.05.26_00.09.22

            Man is what he believes.
            • Anton Chekhov

            € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 5 , May 26, 2010
              hsavage wrote:
              > C wrote:
              >> For example, I have a variable:
              >>
              >> ^Set %var%=this is an example
              >>
              >> I need to change this ^%var% to "This Is An Example".
              >>
              >> In other words, to capitalize the first character of a text in a variable.
              >>
              >> Thanks!
              >> ------------------------------
              >>
              >> --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "C" <backup2abet@...> wrote:
              >>> Friends,
              >>>
              >>> There exist a way to capitalize all words in a sentence?
              >>>
              >>> Like:
              >>>
              >>> this is an example --> This Is An Example.
              >>>
              >>> Thanks !!!!
              >
              > C,
              >
              > If you want to do this from the keyboard try, Shift+Ctrl K, from a
              > clip try,
              > ^Set %var%=^$StrCapitalize("this is an example")$

              C,

              Forgot to mention, from the keyboard the text must be selected.