[Clip] Re: Easy Hyperlink Forward & Back

  • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 1999
      Kay Roath <notetab@...> wrote:

      >If you use this clip to go to a hyperlink, the same clip
      >will take you back as long as your cursor isn't on a new
      >hyperlink.

      This minor improvement allows you to backup multiple steps.

      H=wmv_Fwd_Back
      ; requires 4.60 GrandmaK, WayneMV
      ^!Select HYPERLINK
      ^!IfError Back
      ; long line - watch for word wrap
      ^!SetArray %bk%=^$GetDocIndex$;^$GetTopicIndex$;^$GetRow$;^$GetCol$
      ; end long line
      ^!Inc %p_StackSize%
      ^!Set %Stack^%p_StackSize%%=^%bk%
      ^!Toolbar Open Document Link
      ^!Goto Done

      :Back
      ^!If ^%p_StackSize% < 1 Done
      ^!SetArray %bk%="^%Stack^%p_StackSize%%"
      ^!ClearVariable %Stack^%p_StackSize%%
      ^!Dec %p_StackSize%

      ^!SetDocIndex ^%bk1%
      ^!SetTopicIndex ^%bk2%
      ^!SetCursor ^%bk3%:^%bk4%

      :Done
      ^!FocusDoc

      Known Issues:

      1. Going forward a lot, without going back, could create
      a lot of variables and waste memory.

      2. You have to move the cursor away from the link to
      backup multiple steps. This could be solved by
      making the "Back" portion its own clip.

      3. Doesn't have a "Forward" button - but one could
      easily be added.

      4. Only works if links are navigated by using the
      clip. Ctrl-clicking a link doesn't remember it.

      --
      Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
      ICQ: 15117288

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
    • Dennis Cummins
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 1999
        Hi Wayne and All,

        This works pretty good. I do not like having to have the clipbook and
        outline window open at the same time however. I think it would be really
        great to just have a forward/back button we could put on the toolbar or
        have it on the right click menu when navigating through these very large
        outlines.

        Dennis

      • Lawrence R. Thomas
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 1999
          Hi Dennis,

          At 01:06 PM 4/1/1999 -0600, you wrote:
          >Hi Wayne and All,
          >
          >This works pretty good. I do not like having to have the clipbook and
          >outline window open at the same time however. I think it would be really
          >great to just have a forward/back button we could put on the toolbar or
          >have it on the right click menu when navigating through these very large
          >outlines.

          I would prefer having 5 to 10 assignable toolbar buttons that we could
          click to run specific clips that are used on a regular basis without
          opening the clipbook or using the In-Context menu to launch the clips.

          Regards,

          Larry
          larryt@...

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 1999
            Hi Larry,

            On 1 Apr 99, 13:47 Lawrence R. Thomas wrote:

            > I would prefer having 5 to 10 assignable toolbar buttons that we could
            > click to run specific clips that are used on a regular basis without
            > opening the clipbook or using the In-Context menu to launch the clips.
            >
            > Regards,

            Yep that would be nice also.<G>

            Dennis

            eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips