ClipLauncher

  • Jan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 16, 2010
      While editing I constantly switch clipbooks from PHP to JavaScript to CSS and HTML and back. Often searching through clipbooks for the right clip. I found The REMOTE CLIP LAUNCHER by John Zeman (thanks John!) particularly helpful if I could add other clipbooks, so having one clipbook to address the ones I mostly use. Just copying and changing the clip-names in the code doesn't seem to work. I'm a newby in clipbook programming, so can anybody help me out?
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 4 , May 16, 2010
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <monsieurlepoof@...> wrote:

        > While editing I constantly switch clipbooks from PHP to
        > JavaScript to CSS and HTML and back. Often searching through
        > clipbooks for the right clip. I found The REMOTE CLIP LAUNCHER by
        > John Zeman (thanks John!) particularly helpful if I could add
        > other clipbooks, so having one clipbook to address the ones I
        > mostly use. Just copying and changing the clip-names in the code
        > doesn't seem to work. I'm a newby in clipbook programming, so can
        > anybody help me out?

        'Not finding any references to that clip in the group.

        My Clipcode Syntax clip library is included with recent versions of NoteTab. Try the "Retrieve Clip or Topic" clip found there and see if possibly it does what you want.

      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 4 , May 16, 2010
          On 2010-05-16 13:47, Sheri wrote:
          > "Jan" <monsieurlepoof@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > While editing I constantly switch clipbooks from PHP to
          > > JavaScript to CSS and HTML and back. Often searching through
          > > clipbooks for the right clip. I found The REMOTE CLIP LAUNCHER by
          > > John Zeman (thanks John!) particularly helpful if I could add
          > > other clipbooks, so having one clipbook to address the ones I
          > > mostly use. Just copying and changing the clip-names in the code
          > > doesn't seem to work. I'm a newby in clipbook programming, so can
          > > anybody help me out?
          >
          > 'Not finding any references to that clip in the group.
          >
          > My Clipcode Syntax clip library is included with recent versions of
          > NoteTab. Try the "Retrieve Clip or Topic" clip found there and see if
          > possibly it does what you want.
          Haven't checked it myself but it looks like Jan is referring to:
          http://www.notetab.com/libraries.php?cat=misc
          > ClipLauncher.zip <clipbooks/cliplauncher.zip>
          > by John Zeman <mailto:John@...>, 14 Jan 2002
          > Generates a list (sorted or in the original order) of available clips
          > in a non active library, and allows the person to run any one of those
          > clips.
          Found by Googling [clip OR clips "John Zeman"]

        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 4 , May 17, 2010
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

            > Haven't checked it myself but it looks like Jan is referring to:
            > http://www.notetab.com/libraries.php?cat=misc
            > > ClipLauncher.zip <clipbooks/cliplauncher.zip>
            > > by John Zeman <mailto:John@...>, 14 Jan 2002
            > > Generates a list (sorted or in the original order) of available clips
            > > in a non active library, and allows the person to run any one of those
            > > clips.
            > Found by Googling [clip OR clips "John Zeman"]
            >
            > --
            > Regards ... Alec (buralex@gmail& WinLiveMess - alec.m.burgess@skype)

            The original poster must be using 4.95 or earlier since that doesn't work as-is in later versions.

            The other clip I suggested has more bells and whistles (except no sorting of clip names) and should also do the job, but unless a recent NoteTab version is used, it would be necessary to download and install an old version of Clipcode Syntax.