[Clip] Re: Help with clip programming

  • diodeom
    Message 1 of 8 , May 5 2:33 PM
      "John Shotsky" <jshotsky@...> wrote:
      > The other problem was that the trailing CR is included
      > in the GetSelection which causes the closing paren to
      > be on the next line. Instead of manipulating the
      > variable, I just fixed it post replace.

      Yes, sir. (To overcome this, I proposed probably overly complex conditional shrinking of the selection from its end by these very two offending CRLF characters, ^!Select -2.)

      And sorry for the following (oopsie!) redundancy:

      > ^!SetClipboard ^$GetSelection$
      > ^!InsertText (^$GetClipboard$)

      There ain't no need to "store" nothin. It could just read:
      ^!InsertText (^$GetSelection$)
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 8 , May 5 3:46 PM
        I always learn something. Thanks, I added the:
        ^!Select -2
        And now it works better.
        After rereading the help, I understand how it works, but it never dawned on me during my
        experimentation.

        I have a 'My Notes' clip in my main library. I add notes that clarify how to do things there. It is
        just a NoteTab text file stored in the Documents folder, but it is called up by a clip. I usually
        have it as one of my open documents so I can add to it when necessary. This deserves to go there.