Re: [Clip] use of notetab to download files off internet

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2010
      Don,

      The other posters are correct in that it is a setting in your browser.

      A browser determines a file type by its MIME tag, not by its extension
      (but they should correlate.)
      The MIME type you probably are looking for is text/plain)
      See: http://www.webmaster-toolkit.com/mime-types.shtml
      or Google "MIME text/" [http://www.google.com/search?q=MIME+text]
      For the history and general info on the MIME system see:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME
      [which also contains links to the six W3C RFC complete spec docs.]

      For Firefox, go to Tools | Options | Applications
      Scroll down to Text Document
      Click in the right hand column
      You can choose among:
      Always ask
      Save file
      (Open with) selectable/specifiable programs

      For Opera, go to Tools | Preferences | Advanced | Downloads
      You can add or edit the text/plain MIME entry there.

      Now aren't you glad you asked??? ;-)

      Namaste', Art

      f y cn rd ths, y cn wrk s a tchncl wrtr!
      - John McMullen