Re: [Clip] ClipCode Syntax MENU - Run "Insert Date/Time"

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 16, 2010
      Not tested but I think you probably need to quote Insert Date/Time ie.
      ^!MENU Document/"Insert Date/Time"

      On 2010-04-16 11:35, mark.alexander23 wrote:
      > I am trying to get "Insert Date/Time" to work
      >
      > I found In
      > ClipCode Syntax.otl
      > ^!Menu NameSequence
      >
      > This works
      > ^!MENU Document/Insert Document Name
      > ^!MENU File/Exit
      >
      > This does not work
      > ^!MENU Document/Insert Date/Time
      >
      > What am I doing wrong?

    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 16, 2010
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "mark.alexander23" <mark.alexander23@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to get "Insert Date/Time" to work
        >
        > I found In
        > ClipCode Syntax.otl
        > ^!Menu NameSequence
        >
        > This works
        > ^!MENU Document/Insert Document Name
        > ^!MENU File/Exit
        >
        > This does not work
        > ^!MENU Document/Insert Date/Time
        >
        > What am I doing wrong?

        Unless you've turned off the prompting (bypass clip wizards) option, if you actually run the clipcode syntax clip and select ^!Menu, it should run a dialog that lets you click Document then click Insert Date/Time. It inserts it into the current document as:

        ^!Menu Document/"Insert Date/Time"

        If the clip's option is configured to bypass clip wizards, you don't get the dialog. Then it just inserts ^!Menu NameSequence

      • paulmaser
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 17, 2010
          It might be easier to use the ^$GetDate function, then you can format the output to meet your needs without setting it in Options.
          Example from a clip:
          ^!Set %datetime%=^$GetDate(dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy: hh:mm)$
          ^!Info ^%datetime%

          Paul

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "mark.alexander23" <mark.alexander23@...> wrote:

          > I am trying to get "Insert Date/Time" to work
        • mark.alexander23
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 19, 2010
            Hay that works thanks.
            This also works
            ^!Keyboard ALT+D T
            and
            ^$GetDate(mmmm dd, yyyy hh:nn:ss am/pm)$

            Mark

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 20, 2010
              > This also works
              > ^!Keyboard ALT+D T

              Be cautious of the ^Keyboard function as the OS sometimes interferes with it's proper operation.