ClipCode Syntax MENU - Run "Insert Date/Time"

  • mark.alexander23
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 16, 2010
      I am trying to get "Insert Date/Time" to work

      I found In
      ClipCode Syntax.otl
      ^!Menu NameSequence

      This works
      ^!MENU Document/Insert Document Name
      ^!MENU File/Exit

      This does not work
      ^!MENU Document/Insert Date/Time

      What am I doing wrong?
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 16, 2010
        mark.alexander23 wrote:
        > I am trying to get "Insert Date/Time" to work
        >
        > I found In
        > ClipCode Syntax.otl
        > ^!Menu NameSequence
        >
        > This works
        > ^!MENU Document/Insert Document Name
        > ^!MENU File/Exit
        >
        > This does not work
        > ^!MENU Document/Insert Date/Time
        >
        > What am I doing wrong?

        Mark,

        Try it as it is shown in the Help file.

        ^!Menu Document/"Insert Date/Time"

        Double quotes because of the space in the Insert command.

        You may also need to format the output to suit.
        That's in View/Options/Tools Date Filter.

        ºvº SL_day# 106 - created 2010.04.16_18.23.43

        I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert.

        € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com

        >^~ ^
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 16, 2010
          Not tested but I think you probably need to quote Insert Date/Time ie.

          On 2010-04-16 11:35, mark.alexander23 wrote:
          > I am trying to get "Insert Date/Time" to work
          >
          > I found In
          > ClipCode Syntax.otl
          > ^!Menu NameSequence
          >
          > This works
          > ^!MENU Document/Insert Document Name
          > ^!MENU File/Exit
          >
          > This does not work
          > ^!MENU Document/Insert Date/Time
          >
          > What am I doing wrong?

        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 16, 2010
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "mark.alexander23" <mark.alexander23@...> wrote:

            > I am trying to get "Insert Date/Time" to work
            >
            > I found In
            > ClipCode Syntax.otl
            > ^!Menu NameSequence
            >
            > This works
            > ^!MENU Document/Insert Document Name
            > ^!MENU File/Exit
            >
            > This does not work
            > ^!MENU Document/Insert Date/Time
            >
            > What am I doing wrong?

            Unless you've turned off the prompting (bypass clip wizards) option, if you actually run the clipcode syntax clip and select ^!Menu, it should run a dialog that lets you click Document then click Insert Date/Time. It inserts it into the current document as:

            ^!Menu Document/"Insert Date/Time"

            If the clip's option is configured to bypass clip wizards, you don't get the dialog. Then it just inserts ^!Menu NameSequence

          • paulmaser
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 17, 2010
              It might be easier to use the ^$GetDate function, then you can format the output to meet your needs without setting it in Options.
              Example from a clip:
              ^!Set %datetime%=^$GetDate(dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy: hh:mm)$
              ^!Info ^%datetime%

              Paul

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 19, 2010
                Hay that works thanks.
                This also works
                ^!Keyboard ALT+D T
                and
                ^$GetDate(mmmm dd, yyyy hh:nn:ss am/pm)$

                Mark

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 20, 2010
                  > This also works
                  > ^!Keyboard ALT+D T

                  Be cautious of the ^Keyboard function as the OS sometimes interferes with it's proper operation.