Re: Memory Recall Help

  • ebbtidalflats
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9, 2010
      Let me stick my neck out and speculate, that what you really want is to use the result at a later time or date. NoteTab can do that too!

      You don't even have to bother with file handling.

      Take the result from Sheri's calculation, and create PERMANENT variables instead:

      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@> wrote:
      > > ... store C as a variable, %C%
      > > To retrieve the result in it, put a caret in front of it, ^%C%
      > >
      > > ^!Set %C%=^$CALC((^?[A=]+^?[B=]);4)$
      > > ^!Set %E%=^$CALC((^%C%+^?[D=]);4)$
      > > ^!Info E=^%E%

      ^!SaveValue MikesMath:C=^%C%
      ^!SaveValue MikesMath:E=^%E%

      Or, you could save the data in 1 step (omitting the temporary variable):

      ^!SaveValue MikesMath:C=^$CALC((^?[A=]+^?[B=]);4)$
      ^!SaveValue MikesMath:E=^$CALC((^%C%+^?[D=]);4)$

      even if you close NoteTab, and shut off your PC, you can retrieve this data the next time you start up again (unless you OVERWRITE the data before that), with:

      ^!Set %c%=^$GetValue(MikesMath:C)$
      ^!Set %e%=^$GetValue(MikesMath:E)$

      Read the section about variables in NoteTab help.

      Cheers,

      Eb