Re: Memory Recall Help

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9, 2010
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "bozlawless" <bozlawless@...> wrote:

      > This does what I wanted. But is there a way I can have it put the
      > calculation in the file. And not just pop up a dialog box?

      Use one of the insert commands. Either of the following would probably do:

      Use "^!InsertText " instead of "^!Set %E%=" and remove the ^!Info line

      or

      Use "^!InsertText ^%E%" instead of "^!Info E=^%E%"

    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9, 2010
        Let me stick my neck out and speculate, that what you really want is to use the result at a later time or date. NoteTab can do that too!

        You don't even have to bother with file handling.

        Take the result from Sheri's calculation, and create PERMANENT variables instead:

        > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@> wrote:
        > > ... store C as a variable, %C%
        > > To retrieve the result in it, put a caret in front of it, ^%C%
        > >
        > > ^!Set %C%=^$CALC((^?[A=]+^?[B=]);4)$
        > > ^!Set %E%=^$CALC((^%C%+^?[D=]);4)$
        > > ^!Info E=^%E%

        ^!SaveValue MikesMath:C=^%C%
        ^!SaveValue MikesMath:E=^%E%

        Or, you could save the data in 1 step (omitting the temporary variable):

        ^!SaveValue MikesMath:C=^$CALC((^?[A=]+^?[B=]);4)$
        ^!SaveValue MikesMath:E=^$CALC((^%C%+^?[D=]);4)$

        even if you close NoteTab, and shut off your PC, you can retrieve this data the next time you start up again (unless you OVERWRITE the data before that), with:

        ^!Set %c%=^$GetValue(MikesMath:C)$
        ^!Set %e%=^$GetValue(MikesMath:E)$

        Read the section about variables in NoteTab help.

        Cheers,

        Eb