Re: Memory Recall Help

  • bozlawless
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9, 2010
      This does what I wanted. But is there a way I can have it put the calculation in the file. And not just pop up a dialog box?

      Mike

      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "bozlawless" <bozlawless@> wrote:
      > >
      > > IS it possible to store the answer of a math problem then recall it later in the same clip ?
      > >
      > > EXAMPLE
      > >
      > > ^$CALC((^?[A=]+^?[B=]);4)$ say it =C store "C" and use it in spot
      > >
      > > ^$CALC((^?[C=]+^?[D=]);4)$ ECT
      > >
      > > Just like on a calculator and use it in the same clip at another spot
      > > Memory recall Help
      > >

      > You can store C as a variable, %C%
      > To retrieve the result in it, put a caret in front of it, ^%C%
      >
      > ^!Set %C%=^$CALC((^?[A=]+^?[B=]);4)$
      > ^!Set %E%=^$CALC((^%C%+^?[D=]);4)$
      > ^!Info E=^%E%

    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9, 2010
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "bozlawless" <bozlawless@...> wrote:

        > This does what I wanted. But is there a way I can have it put the
        > calculation in the file. And not just pop up a dialog box?

        Use one of the insert commands. Either of the following would probably do:

        Use "^!InsertText " instead of "^!Set %E%=" and remove the ^!Info line

        or

        Use "^!InsertText ^%E%" instead of "^!Info E=^%E%"

      • ebbtidalflats
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 9, 2010
          Let me stick my neck out and speculate, that what you really want is to use the result at a later time or date. NoteTab can do that too!

          You don't even have to bother with file handling.

          Take the result from Sheri's calculation, and create PERMANENT variables instead:

          > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@> wrote:
          > > ... store C as a variable, %C%
          > > To retrieve the result in it, put a caret in front of it, ^%C%
          > >
          > > ^!Set %C%=^$CALC((^?[A=]+^?[B=]);4)$
          > > ^!Set %E%=^$CALC((^%C%+^?[D=]);4)$
          > > ^!Info E=^%E%

          ^!SaveValue MikesMath:C=^%C%
          ^!SaveValue MikesMath:E=^%E%

          Or, you could save the data in 1 step (omitting the temporary variable):

          ^!SaveValue MikesMath:C=^$CALC((^?[A=]+^?[B=]);4)$
          ^!SaveValue MikesMath:E=^$CALC((^%C%+^?[D=]);4)$

          even if you close NoteTab, and shut off your PC, you can retrieve this data the next time you start up again (unless you OVERWRITE the data before that), with:

          ^!Set %c%=^$GetValue(MikesMath:C)$
          ^!Set %e%=^$GetValue(MikesMath:E)$

          Read the section about variables in NoteTab help.

          Cheers,

          Eb