Re: NTB via commandline

  • ebbtidalflats
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1 7:39 AM
      Command prompt, type:
      "start /?"

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "brother.gabriel" <brgabriel@...> wrote:

      > No, actually; where would I learn that? It isn't in the help file under commandline.
      >
      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "diodeom" <diomir@> wrote:
      > > Have you tried:
      > > start /min notepro.exe
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3 11:33 AM
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Don Daugherty <daugherty@...> wrote:

        > On 3/30/2010 2:20 PM, brother.gabriel wrote:
        > > Yes, I know we can do that; and you can also close NTB from the
        > > commandline, but I want to run NTB invisibly. Maybe something
        > > could be written into the code to hide NTB, or to keep it
        > > minimized to the tray while it runs scripts?
        > >
        > I haven't tried it, but it sounds like ^!MinimizeApp ought to do
        > what you want -- so long as ^!Keyboard commands are not part of
        > your Clip.

        I would only add that if you start NoteTab with switches on the commandline to make it automatically run a clip (e.g., that uses ^!MinimizeApp), you must also specify a file to be loaded on the commandline to ensure that NoteTab is started in a state that can run clips. In other words, you want to guard against NoteTab starting up with [Clips] as the active document tab.