Re: NTB via commandline

  • diodeom
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 30, 2010
      It's a DOS command (http://ss64.com/nt/start.html), but I'm affraid it won't help you after all. In a few tests I ran -- after posting this idea -- NoteTab didn't manage to execute any given clips in its minimized state. Sorry, bro.

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "brother.gabriel" <brgabriel@...> wrote:

      > No, actually; where would I learn that? It isn't in the help file under commandline.
      >
      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "diodeom" <diomir@> wrote:
      > >
      > > "brother.gabriel" <brgabriel@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello, y'all! I know how to start NTB via commandline and run a clip from a certain library. Is there a way to do this, however, without opening NTB's GUI window? I want to run NTB as if it were a console program.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks
      > > > -Brother Gabriel-Marie
      > > >

      > > Have you tried:
      > > start /min notepro.exe

    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
        Command prompt, type:
        "start /?"

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "brother.gabriel" <brgabriel@...> wrote:

        > No, actually; where would I learn that? It isn't in the help file under commandline.
        >
        > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "diodeom" <diomir@> wrote:
        > > Have you tried:
        > > start /min notepro.exe
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2010
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Don Daugherty <daugherty@...> wrote:

          > On 3/30/2010 2:20 PM, brother.gabriel wrote:
          > > Yes, I know we can do that; and you can also close NTB from the
          > > commandline, but I want to run NTB invisibly. Maybe something
          > > could be written into the code to hide NTB, or to keep it
          > > minimized to the tray while it runs scripts?
          > >
          > I haven't tried it, but it sounds like ^!MinimizeApp ought to do
          > what you want -- so long as ^!Keyboard commands are not part of
          > your Clip.

          I would only add that if you start NoteTab with switches on the commandline to make it automatically run a clip (e.g., that uses ^!MinimizeApp), you must also specify a file to be loaded on the commandline to ensure that NoteTab is started in a state that can run clips. In other words, you want to guard against NoteTab starting up with [Clips] as the active document tab.