Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

NTB via commandline

Expand Messages
  • brother.gabriel
    Hello, y all! I know how to start NTB via commandline and run a clip from a certain library. Is there a way to do this, however, without opening NTB s GUI
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 30, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      Hello, y'all! I know how to start NTB via commandline and run a clip from a certain library. Is there a way to do this, however, without opening NTB's GUI window? I want to run NTB as if it were a console program.

      Thanks
      -Brother Gabriel-Marie
    • Axel Berger
      ... Not that I m aware of. However you might add ^!MENU File/Exit as you last command in the clip. Perhaps that s sufficient for your needs. Axel
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 30, 2010
      • 0 Attachment
        "brother.gabriel" wrote:
        > without opening NTB's GUI window?

        Not that I'm aware of. However you might add
        ^!MENU File/Exit
        as you last command in the clip. Perhaps that's sufficient for your
        needs.

        Axel
      • brother.gabriel
        Yes, I know we can do that; and you can also close NTB from the commandline, but I want to run NTB invisibly. Maybe something could be written into the code
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 30, 2010
        • 0 Attachment
          Yes, I know we can do that; and you can also close NTB from the commandline, but I want to run NTB invisibly. Maybe something could be written into the code to hide NTB, or to keep it minimized to the tray while it runs scripts?

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@...> wrote:
          >
          > "brother.gabriel" wrote:
          > > without opening NTB's GUI window?
          >
          > Not that I'm aware of. However you might add
          > ^!MENU File/Exit
          > as you last command in the clip. Perhaps that's sufficient for your
          > needs.
          >
          > Axel
          >
        • Don Daugherty
          ... I haven t tried it, but it sounds like ^!MinimizeApp ought to do what you want -- so long as ^!Keyboard commands are not part of your Clip.
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 30, 2010
          • 0 Attachment
            On 3/30/2010 2:20 PM, brother.gabriel wrote:
            > Yes, I know we can do that; and you can also close NTB from the commandline, but I want to run NTB invisibly. Maybe something could be written into the code to hide NTB, or to keep it minimized to the tray while it runs scripts?
            >
            I haven't tried it, but it sounds like ^!MinimizeApp ought to do what
            you want -- so long as ^!Keyboard commands are not part of your Clip.
          • diodeom
            ... Have you tried: start /min notepro.exe
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 30, 2010
            • 0 Attachment
              "brother.gabriel" <brgabriel@...> wrote:
              >
              > Hello, y'all! I know how to start NTB via commandline and run a clip from a certain library. Is there a way to do this, however, without opening NTB's GUI window? I want to run NTB as if it were a console program.
              >
              > Thanks
              > -Brother Gabriel-Marie
              >

              Have you tried:
              start /min notepro.exe
            • brother.gabriel
              No, actually; where would I learn that? It isn t in the help file under commandline.
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 30, 2010
              • 0 Attachment
                No, actually; where would I learn that? It isn't in the help file under commandline.

                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "diodeom" <diomir@...> wrote:
                >
                > "brother.gabriel" <brgabriel@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello, y'all! I know how to start NTB via commandline and run a clip from a certain library. Is there a way to do this, however, without opening NTB's GUI window? I want to run NTB as if it were a console program.
                > >
                > > Thanks
                > > -Brother Gabriel-Marie
                > >
                >
                > Have you tried:
                > start /min notepro.exe
                >
              • diodeom
                It s a DOS command (http://ss64.com/nt/start.html), but I m affraid it won t help you after all. In a few tests I ran -- after posting this idea -- NoteTab
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 30, 2010
                • 0 Attachment
                  It's a DOS command (http://ss64.com/nt/start.html), but I'm affraid it won't help you after all. In a few tests I ran -- after posting this idea -- NoteTab didn't manage to execute any given clips in its minimized state. Sorry, bro.

                  --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "brother.gabriel" <brgabriel@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > No, actually; where would I learn that? It isn't in the help file under commandline.
                  >
                  > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "diodeom" <diomir@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > "brother.gabriel" <brgabriel@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hello, y'all! I know how to start NTB via commandline and run a clip from a certain library. Is there a way to do this, however, without opening NTB's GUI window? I want to run NTB as if it were a console program.
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks
                  > > > -Brother Gabriel-Marie
                  > > >
                  > >
                  > > Have you tried:
                  > > start /min notepro.exe
                  > >
                  >
                • ebbtidalflats
                  Command prompt, type: start /?
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Command prompt, type:
                    "start /?"

                    --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "brother.gabriel" <brgabriel@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > No, actually; where would I learn that? It isn't in the help file under commandline.
                    >
                    > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "diodeom" <diomir@> wrote:
                    > > ...
                    > > Have you tried:
                    > > start /min notepro.exe
                  • Sheri
                    ... I would only add that if you start NoteTab with switches on the commandline to make it automatically run a clip (e.g., that uses ^!MinimizeApp), you must
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 3, 2010
                    • 0 Attachment
                      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Don Daugherty <daugherty@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > On 3/30/2010 2:20 PM, brother.gabriel wrote:
                      > > Yes, I know we can do that; and you can also close NTB from the
                      > > commandline, but I want to run NTB invisibly. Maybe something
                      > > could be written into the code to hide NTB, or to keep it
                      > > minimized to the tray while it runs scripts?
                      > >
                      > I haven't tried it, but it sounds like ^!MinimizeApp ought to do
                      > what you want -- so long as ^!Keyboard commands are not part of
                      > your Clip.

                      I would only add that if you start NoteTab with switches on the commandline to make it automatically run a clip (e.g., that uses ^!MinimizeApp), you must also specify a file to be loaded on the commandline to ensure that NoteTab is started in a state that can run clips. In other words, you want to guard against NoteTab starting up with [Clips] as the active document tab.
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.