Re: [Clip] Re: Format lines clip

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 27, 2010
      Sheri wrote:
      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogrou ps.com <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > It should take long lines and make them into smaller paragraphs.
      >
      > No idea what you mean by that. The code you quoted expects 2 line breaks
      > between each "paragraph" and removes all other line breaks. It has
      > nothing to do with line length.

      Hmmm...

      Ok.
      Thanks.
      -Mike
    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27, 2010
        Like Sheri, I do not understand what you really want to do.
        I suspect that when your clip worked in the past, it was a DIFFERENT clip ;-).

        Here are a couple of speculations, which might have unwanted side effects, if you have tables or lists in your document. Try the code on copies of your target text.

        Do you just want to UNwrap long lines?

        ;work on whole document, unless you already have wordwrap on
        ^!IfTrue ^$IsWordWrap$ END
        ^!Select ALL
        ^!Keyboard &100 CTRL+W

        or do you want to convert long lines into separate shorter paragraphs?

        ;work on entire document
        ^!Select ALL
        ;if word wrap is on, toggle it off
        ^!IfTrue ^$IsWordWrap$ NEXT else SKIP
        ^!Keyboard &100 CTRL+W
        ;convert long paragraphs into short paragraphs
        ^!Keyboard &100 SHIFT+CTRL+J

        I did not bother to test the above code. See the comment lines for what to look for in help, if the clips don't work. Tweak the keyboard delays (&100 ) as needed for fast computers.

        Cheers,

        Eb
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2010
          ebbtidalflats wrote:
          > Like Sheri, I do not understand what you really want to do.
          > I suspect that when your clip worked in the past, it was a DIFFERENT
          > clip ;-).
          Or a different purpose?!

          > Here are a couple of speculations, which might have unwanted side
          > effects, if you have tables or lists in your document. Try the code on
          > copies of your target text.
          >
          > Do you just want to UNwrap long lines?
          >
          > ;work on whole document, unless you already have wordwrap on
          > ^!IfTrue ^$IsWordWrap$ END
          > ^!Select ALL
          > ^!Keyboard &100 CTRL+W
          >
          > or do you want to convert long lines into separate shorter paragraphs?
          >
          > ;work on entire document
          > ^!Select ALL
          > ;if word wrap is on, toggle it off
          > ^!IfTrue ^$IsWordWrap$ NEXT else SKIP
          > ^!Keyboard &100 CTRL+W
          > ;convert long paragraphs into short paragraphs
          > ^!Keyboard &100 SHIFT+CTRL+J

          The latter is what I was looking for.

          Thanks,
          -Mike

          > I did not bother to test the above code. See the comment lines for what
          > to look for in help, if the clips don't work. Tweak the keyboard delays
          > (&100 ) as needed for fast computers.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Eb

          > Virus Database (VPS): 100326-0, 03/26/2010
          > Tested on: 3/27/2010 10:22:28 AM

          Morgantown WV

          www.EpicRoadTrips.us