relative path in wizard

  • Adrien Verlee
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2010
      I give up. Is there a good soul who is willing to help?

      I have:

      This for adding in a table, of course it works. But can't find how
      adding the browse functionality, like the menu command: modify >
      document > insert HTML/image (or shift+Ctrl+F5), on "<td>^?[Titel]</
      td>".

      To be clear: if the wizard ask for "title" it should also offer the
      browse function to ad the relative path in one move.
      --
      Adrien
    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 25, 2010
        Adrien,

        I'm not sure this is what you mean ("title" isn't exactly a file or folder; nor can you add a "relative" path via wizard.
        What you CAN do is browse to a folder, and then change it from that location, but it's NOT relative, you get the whole path returned.

        Here is how I would do this (curly brace wizards are more powerful than square ones), as they let you preset some variables to be used in the wizards, like the following (not the title field):

        ^!Set %basepath%=C:\whateveryourbasepathis
        ;loong line (chais curly wizards together)
        ^!Set %auteur%=^?{Auteur}; %titel%=^?{(t=D)Titel=^%defaultpath%}; %jaar%=^?{Jaar}; %TrefwoordA%=^?{Trefwoord 1}; %TrefwoordB%=^{Trefwoord 2}
        ;end loong line

        Proost,

        Eb

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Adrien Verlee <adrien.verlee@...> wrote:

        > ... can't find how adding the browse functionality,
        > like the menu command:
        > modify > document > insert HTML/image (or shift+Ctrl+F5), on "<td>^?[Titel]</td>".

        > if the wizard ask for "title" it should also offer the
        > browse function to ad the relative path in one move.

        ~ ~ ~ ~
      • Adrien Verlee
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 25, 2010
          Op 25-mrt-10, om 20:59 heeft ebbtidalflats het volgende geschreven:

          > I'm not sure this is what you mean ("title" isn't exactly a file or
          > folder; nor can you add a "relative" path via wizard.

          Thanks for the effort! But if a relative path can't, it is useless to
          work on such a clip. Again, thank you.
          --
          Adrien
        • ebbtidalflats
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 27, 2010
            Actually, a relative path CAN be extracted AFTER the wizard is done. See the relative path function in NoteTab.

            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Adrien Verlee <adrien.verlee@...> wrote:

            > Op 25-mrt-10, om 20:59 heeft ebbtidalflats het volgende geschreven:
            >
            > > I'm not sure this is what you mean ("title" isn't exactly a file or
            > > folder; nor can you add a "relative" path via wizard.
            >
            > Thanks for the effort! But if a relative path can't, it is useless to
            > work on such a clip. Again, thank you.
            > --
            > Adrien

          • loro
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 28, 2010
              Adrien wrote:
              >But can't find how adding the browse functionality, like the menu
              >command: modify >
              >document > insert HTML/image (or shift+Ctrl+F5), on "<td>^?[Titel]</
              >td>".
              >
              >To be clear: if the wizard ask for "title" it should also offer the
              >browse function to ad the relative path in one move.

              You can do it by using the ordinary file open dialogue wizard (T=O),
              but you need to process the result with the ^$GetRelativeName()$ function.

              ^!Set %foo%=^?{(T=O)}
              ^!Info ^$GetRelativeName(^%foo%)$

              I'm assuming you want the path relative the focused document. If not,
              you also need another parameter in the function, BaseDir. But you can
              look that up in Help if you need it.

              Lotta