Re: Accented characters - matching

  • diodeom
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 27, 2010
      "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

      > That issue (re: pasting bare lines) actually did come up before, I think my brain is getting addled, I didn't remember...! :(

      > Dio, you might enjoy that old thread...starts here:

      > Yahoo's archive searching for this group seems finally to have been updated.

      In this context I should confess that I cherish my imperfect memory as an opportunity to enjoy "maiden" experiences and to chart "new" territories... over and over. :)

      More seriously, I'm almost ambivalent now about this great well of collective clipping wisdom, as if I sometimes preferred to remain ignorant, at least for the time being, to savor surprisingly tangible — if short-lived — pleasures derived from illusions of inventing the wheel on my own...

      Thank you, Sheri, for your pointers and links. (Though not related to the issue you are addressing here, I took particular delight in the "\G(?:(?!19)\d{4})*(19\d\d)" pattern found under the thread you suggested.)

      Dio