Re: [Clip] Top-posting forces your reader to work (was Re: Findinga string within a string)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2010
      Sheri wrote:
      > Top posting is not nice.

      I think it's a misnomer emphasizing an irrelevant side issue. With any
      decent reader I can effortlessly jump back and forward through a thread.
      With conventional letters on paper that's different and finding the
      older stuff is work. Still in spite of this being the place where it
      could be helpful, nobody places a complete pack of photostats of all the
      preceding correspondence with every letter they write. This is just what
      posters and mailers often do. Were it not for some participants who
      still do trim, the whole and complete thread would get posted back and
      forth every time.

      Trimming is the main thing here. With the quotes cut back to the one or
      two relevant lines, I do not mind much where they are placed, though of
      course above the new material is the logical place. With untrimmed full
      quotes bottom posting is in fact even worse than top posting. Instead of
      scrolling down to see whether there is anything worth my while or not, I
      usually just move on to the next post.