Re: [Clip] Re: ^!MkDir

  • Al
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 5, 2010
      FWIW

      Win XP (mkdir /?) command console (cmd.exe I guess) "whether or not
      extensions are installed" makes a difference.

      next (500KB file size) is a screen shot of mkdir help (mkdir /?) from
      Win XP command console

      http://spiffyminer.tripod.com/mkdir_com.htm

      Additionally, said help reports "if extensions are installed"

      My bash mkdirhier and the content of web page Hugo pointed out, each
      could be considered an extension.

      And, how these "extend" is that these are script/batch_file that extends
      the capability of a built in command (via the use of for loop, etc. so
      as to gain even greater functionality).

      My guess is that the "extensions" mentioned on the mkdir help screen may
      be batch files or similar script files by Microsoft.

      Alan.