Re: [Clip] Re: CSV

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 30, 2010
      First, great to see "thefrank" posting. I haven't notice his posts for
      several years. Always in the middle of great discussions.

      Second, I use either tab or pipes "|" neither of which typically appear
      in my stuff. I too often copy and paste back and forth between excel.
      I also have written several clips to divide stuff in a column like names
      .... most names are two groups of letters separated by one space, but
      some names are three groups of letters with two spaces or even four
      groups of letters with three spaces ...

      Mary Smith
      Mary Smith Jones
      Mary Jane Smith
      Mary Jane Smith Jones

      My clip asks if there are three "names" whether the extra space goes in
      the first name or last name .... I then paste back to excel after dividing.

      Of course if all names were two with one space, I could use text to
      columns ... but when you add extra spaces ... back to notetab and my clip.

      Don