Clips stopped working in XP

  • chris
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 20, 2010
      I have had NotePad for years and have never run into this problem but my clips will not insert the code into the page in focus. I have version 6.x, and even went to the trouble of uninstalling it and installing a copy of version 5.x, but the problem continues!

      Anyone run into this and if so is there a "fix"?
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 20, 2010
        I would check if somehow the document in focus is read only. I seem to
        encounter read only more these days then I used to.

        chris wrote:
        > I have had NotePad for years and have never run into this problem but my clips will not insert the code into the page in focus. I have version 6.x, and even went to the trouble of uninstalling it and installing a copy of version 5.x, but the problem continues!
        >
        > Anyone run into this and if so is there a "fix"?

      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 20, 2010
          chris wrote:

          > I have had NotePad for years and have never run into this problem
          but my
          > clips will not insert the code into the page in focus. I have
          version 6.x,
          > and even went to the trouble of uninstalling it and installing a
          copy of
          > version 5.x, but the problem continues!
          >
          > Anyone run into this and if so is there a "fix"?

          chris,

          That's NoteTab please. Furnish an example of the insertion data,
          your clip, or several lines that do the insertion. Are the pages
          you're having trouble with loaded and focused in NoteTab?

          ºvº SL_day# 020 - created 2010.01.20_17.01.41

          A definition of mixed emotions?
          • When you see your mother-in-law backing off a cliff in your new car.

          € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com~
        • chris
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 21, 2010
            All clips do not place anything in any page in any version of NoteTab and I have been using this editor since 1997, so I think I know how to use the clip library and even create my own clips to be added into a clip library. Even the clips that I create are there when I chose edit and the clip file opens, but when I click on any item in any clip and I have just a simple blank page in focus, nothing happens.
            I am just trying to give you my background as to my experience with this editor and I use it all of the time for several of my web sites for over ten years now but have never had this happen to me before. So I thought someone may have run into the same problem and found a simple fix to save me hours of frustrating work to try and get it to work.

            > chris wrote:
            >
            > > I have had NotePad for years and have never run into this problem
            > but my
            > > clips will not insert the code into the page in focus. I have
            > version 6.x,
            > > and even went to the trouble of uninstalling it and installing a
            > copy of
            > > version 5.x, but the problem continues!
            > >
            > > Anyone run into this and if so is there a "fix"?
            >
            > chris,
            >
            > That's NoteTab please. Furnish an example of the insertion data,
            > your clip, or several lines that do the insertion. Are the pages
            > you're having trouble with loaded and focused in NoteTab?
            >

            > ·············································
            > ºvº SL_day# 020 - created 2010.01.20_17.01.41
            >
            > A definition of mixed emotions?
            > • When you see your mother-in-law backing off a cliff in your new car.
            >
            > € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com~

          • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 21, 2010
              Did you confirm that you are NOT in read only mode? It sounds to me
              like you are ... try file, save as, and then run it again.

              chris wrote:

              > All clips do not place anything in any page in any version of NoteTab and I have been using this editor since 1997, so I think I know how to use the clip library and even create my own clips to be added into a clip library. Even the clips that I create are there when I chose edit and the clip file opens, but when I click on any item in any clip and I have just a simple blank page in focus, nothing happens.
              > I am just trying to give you my background as to my experience with this editor and I use it all of the time for several of my web sites for over ten years now but have never had this happen to me before. So I thought someone may have run into the same problem and found a simple fix to save me hours of frustrating work to try and get it to work.
            • Don Daugherty
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 22, 2010
                chris wrote:
                > All clips do not place anything in any page in any version of NoteTab and I have been using this editor since 1997, so I think I know how to use the clip library and even create my own clips to be added into a clip library. Even the clips that I create are there when I chose edit and the clip file opens, but when I click on any item in any clip and I have just a simple blank page in focus, nothing happens.
                > I am just trying to give you my background as to my experience with this editor and I use it all of the time for several of my web sites for over ten years now but have never had this happen to me before. So I thought someone may have run into the same problem and found a simple fix to save me hours of frustrating work to try and get it to work.
                Here's one idea: Click View>Options>Clipbook and make sure "Single
                Click to Execute" is checked.
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 22, 2010
                  Don Daugherty wrote:
                  > Here's one idea: Click View>Options>Clipbook and make
                  > sure "Single Click to Execute" is checked.

                  I don't think that's a good one, but it gives me an idea:

                  Using "^!Continue Text to be displayed" in the clip one can make sure
                  that the clip itself runs through and that it really is only the
                  insertion itself that doesn't work. Of course as long as noone else can
                  reproduce Chris' problem, we're all poking in the dark here.