[Clip] Re: clip to automate find

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 20, 2009

      > why ^%dollar% instead of the dollar sign?

      I do that whenever the pattern inside a regex function ends with the dollar sign just to make sure the dollar sign isn't seen as the end of the clipcode function. Not tested, so it might not have been necessary here.

      > Do you need a $ as end of line anchor as .* without multi-line
      > would be whole line anyway?

      No, but I believe anchors help speed it up. Probably also would be better for the last .* to be .*+

    • johnta1
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 20, 2009
        Yes it left a semi-colon, but that was easy to correct.
        :)

        The clip did all the hard part. (for me anyway!)

        Thanks,

        > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "johnta1" <johnta1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Thanks, Sheri.
        > > That worked great!
        > > :)
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > John
        > >

        > Hmn, are you sure? I made a mistake. It should have, at the top:
        >
        > ^!Setlistdelimiter ^P
        >
        > Otherwise I believe the matched lines are separated by a semicolon instead of a linebreak.
        >
        > Sorry about that!
        >
        > Regards,
        > Sheri
        >
        > > ^!Set %mylines%=^$GetDocMatchAll("(?i)^\d\d.*?pont.*\R";0)$
        > > ^!Toolbar New Document
        > > ^!InsertText ^%mylines%

      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 20, 2009

          > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "johnta1" <johnta1@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Thanks, Sheri.
          > > That worked great!
          > > :)
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > John
          > >

          > Hmn, are you sure? I made a mistake. It should have, at the top:
          >
          > ^!Setlistdelimiter ^P

          Additionally you might want to add:

          ^!Jump Select_Start

          at the top, just to make sure nothing is preselected. If text is selected, the target text for ^$GetDocMatchAll is the selection, not be the whole document.

          > Otherwise I believe the matched lines are separated by a semicolon instead of a linebreak.
          >
          > Sorry about that!
          >
          > Regards,
          > Sheri
          >
          > > ^!Set %mylines%=^$GetDocMatchAll("(?i)^\d\d.*?pont.*\R";0)$
          > > ^!Toolbar New Document
          > > ^!InsertText ^%mylines%

        • johnta1
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 20, 2009
            Added those 2 lines and it works great.
            I don't have to replace the semi-colon or add a linebreak.

            Thanks,