Re: How to process lines one by one?

  • joy8388608
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 8, 2009

      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "joy8388608" <mycroftj@> wrote:
      >
      > I want to work with the amounts on each line...

      Thank you for all the replies and ideas. I did come up with some of them during the night (BIG mistake eating chocolate covered coffee beans before bedtime!) but figured they were only a workaround. This clip language has a richer command set than many languages I've seen so I thought I was just missing a simple way to do this but I guess I'm not.

      I see I have to keep track of selstart, selend and where I currently am or copy selected text, if any, to a temp document and then just work with all the text there.

      I did use ^$GetDocMatchAll$ when I was just selecting negative numbers, but I want do to additional processing on each number based on text in the line that contains it so it was no longer useable.

      You are correct about the [\-|\+] mess. I was so busy thinking about the original problem that I got a little confused here. I did, however, set %Sum% to '0'. I just didn't include it in my example. But thank you very much for pointing it out.

      Once again, thanks for the help.