Re: [Clip] Create File From A File

  • flo.gehrke
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "bozlawless" <bozlawless@...> wrote:

      > Hey sorry its hard for me to convey thru cyberspace what i want sometimes also in life but here goes
      >
      > 1. Create a file from O#### to M30
      >
      > 2. The file name needs to be same as line just before M30 (FILENAME)
      >
      > 3. I don't have any input other than open the master file
      >
      > 4. Yes all files will look like this other than the O#### (INFO ) at the start and the name just before the M30
      >
      > I pray that is helpful and makes sense
      >
      > Thank you to everyone who is helping me on this
      > Mike

      Mike,

      Open your "Master File" and start the following clip. It will split the text you've sent to the group into three parts. Each part is saved in a separate file. So you will get three files named SF 49A.txt, RPM 31C.txt, and SSR 105A.txt.

      ;^!SetScreenUpdate Off
      ^!Jump 1
      :Loop
      ^!Find "^O\d{4}\C+?M30$" RS
      ^!IfError End
      ^!SetClipboard ^$GetSelection$
      ^!Jump Select_End
      ^!Jump -1
      ^!Find "^\(\x20\K.+(?=\x20\))" RS
      ^!Set %Name%="^$GetSelection$.txt"
      ^!TextToFile "^$GetDocumentPath$^%Name%" ^$GetClipboard$
      ^!Goto Loop

      I hope this will meet your intentions.

      Regards,
      Flo
    • bozlawless
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
        yes alphabetic Ohh starts every time and yes four numbers after it and it always ends with M30

        > I that an alphabetic Ohh and not a numberic zero?
        > There are always four numbers after it?
        > That always starts every single "file" data set and M30 ends every
        > single file data set?
        >
        > Ohhh#### never appears at the start of any line except for the first
        > line of a data set?
        >
        > bozlawless wrote:
        > > Hey sorry its hard for me to convey thru cyberspace what i want sometimes also in life but here goes
        > >
        > > 1. Create a file from O#### to M30
        > >
        > > 2. The file name needs to be same as line just before M30 (FILENAME)
        > >
        > > 3. I don't have any input other than open the master file
        > >
        > > 4. Yes all files will look like this other than the O#### (INFO ) at the start and the name just before the M30
        > >
        > > I pray that is helpful and makes sense
        > >
        > > Thank you to everyone who is helping me on this
        > > Mike

      • bozlawless
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
          no not always a % at the start but always a O#### that is the leter O followed by four numbers

          the "filename" is always before M30 second line from last line

          > Of course .... if we understand what we are doing and the data pattern.
          >
          > Is there always a return followed by a % to start each file?
          > Is the "filename" always the second from last line, followed by a bunch
          > of blank lines?
          >
          > Is there always an M30 on the last line of each file?

        • bozlawless
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
            i ran it not sure were it saved them to when it was running it gave me a I/O ERROR

            > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "bozlawless" <bozlawless@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey sorry its hard for me to convey thru cyberspace what i want sometimes also in life but here goes
            > >
            > > 1. Create a file from O#### to M30
            > >
            > > 2. The file name needs to be same as line just before M30 (FILENAME)
            > >
            > > 3. I don't have any input other than open the master file
            > >
            > > 4. Yes all files will look like this other than the O#### (INFO ) at the start and the name just before the M30
            > >
            > > I pray that is helpful and makes sense
            > >
            > > Thank you to everyone who is helping me on this
            > > Mike
            >
            > Mike,
            >
            > Open your "Master File" and start the following clip. It will split the text you've sent to the group into three parts. Each part is saved in a separate file. So you will get three files named SF 49A.txt, RPM 31C.txt, and SSR 105A.txt.
            >

            > ;^!SetScreenUpdate Off
            > ^!Jump 1
            > :Loop
            > ^!Find "^O\d{4}\C+?M30$" RS
            > ^!IfError End
            > ^!SetClipboard ^$GetSelection$
            > ^!Jump Select_End
            > ^!Jump -1
            > ^!Find "^\(\x20\K.+(?=\x20\))" RS
            > ^!Set %Name%="^$GetSelection$.txt"
            > ^!TextToFile "^$GetDocumentPath$^%Name%" ^$GetClipboard$
            > ^!Goto Loop
            >

            > I hope this will meet your intentions.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Flo

          • flo.gehrke
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "bozlawless" <bozlawless@...> wrote:

              > i ran it not sure were it saved them to when it was running it gave
              > me a I/O ERROR

              I've tested with NT Pro 6.12. What's your NT version?

              Flo
            • bozlawless
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
                ver 6.12 i sent you more info

                > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "bozlawless" <bozlawless@> wrote:
                > >
                > > i ran it not sure were it saved them to when it was running it gave
                > > me a I/O ERROR
                >
                > I've tested with NT Pro 6.12. What's your NT version?
                >
                > Flo

              • flo.gehrke
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
                  --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "bozlawless" <bozlawless@...> wrote:

                  > ver 6.12 i sent you more info

                  Mike,

                  There's a problem with your data. You wrote...

                  1. that the line before "M30" is containing the string that serves as the file name.

                  2. that this line has a format like '( SF 240B )'. But that's not the case in all those lines. Consequently, the clip captures another line that doesn't comply with the rules of correct file names. This ends up in an I/O Error.

                  You may run the following clip in order to see what those lines in question actually contain:

                  ^!Jump 1

                  :Loop
                  ^!Find "^M30" RS
                  ^!IfError End
                  ^!Set %Adr%=^$GetLine(-1)$
                  ^!Append %List%=^%Adr%^%NL%
                  ^!Goto Loop

                  :End
                  ^!Toolbar New Document
                  ^!InsertText ^%List%
                  ^!ClearVariable %List%

                  For example: See the following lines...

                  N84G28U0
                  T0101
                  M30

                  O0303

                  As you can see, the line before 'M30' has a format that doesn't accord with the format you described.

                  So it's up to you to clean your data or to give us a precise description of all possible formats of this line containing the file name.

                  Regards,
                  Flo
                • bozlawless
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 7, 2009
                    Flo thanks for your help i cleaned up my "master file" and put a name above all the M30 but it is still stopping at O1232 AND O1518

                    When i cleaned up my "master file" and run your second clip it spits out a text file and shoes all the names are good

                    Thanks
                    Mike