Create File From A File

  • bozlawless
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 5, 2009
      Hello all i am trying to create a file from a "Master File" what i am trying to do is have a clip search the Master File then create files based on the info were i have the <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<CREATE FILE WITH THIS NAME can this be done

      %
      O0001( SF-49A FACE AND CUT OFF TO 2.150 )
      ( "A" )
      ( HD SF 49A MATL 321 )
      #503=0
      #504=1
      #501=-2.425
      ( 06/14/'05 )
      ( [RUN TIME] 0 MIN 00 SEC )
      ( [MATERIAL] 0.375 HEX [OUT] 2.525 )
      ( [HOLDING] 5C )
      ( [PRESSURE] 250 PSI )
      ( [CUT MATL] 48.00 = 20-21 PARTS )
      ( ******************************** )
      ( [TOOL SET UP] )
      ( 1 80' 0.015R OR 0.031R )
      ( 11 CUT-OFF )
      ( 12 BAR-PULL )
      ( NOTES )
      N1G28U0
      N2G50S2200
      T1111
      N18G97S1650M04
      N19G00Z-0.94G40M08
      N21X1.5
      N21G01X0.4F0.03
      N23G75R0.015
      N24G75X0.08Z-0.94P300F0.0017
      N25G00X0.65
      N26M09
      N28G28U0
      T1111
      ( SF 49A ) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<CREATE FILE WITH THIS NAME
      M30

      %
      O1000( RPM-31C FACE AND CUT OFF TO 2.150 )
      ( PART # )
      ( HD RPM 31C MATL 321 )
      #503=0
      #504=1
      #501=-2.425
      ( 06/14/'05 )
      ( [RUN TIME] 0 MIN 00 SEC )
      ( [MATERIAL] 0.375 HEX [OUT] 2.525 )
      ( [HOLDING] 5C )
      ( [PRESSURE] 250 PSI )
      ( [CUT MATL] 48.00 = 20-21 PARTS )
      ( ******************************** )
      ( [TOOL SET UP] )
      ( 1 80' 0.015R OR 0.031R )
      ( 11 CUT-OFF )
      ( 12 BAR-PULL )
      ( NOTES )
      N1G28U0
      N2G50S2200
      T1111
      N18G97S1650M04
      N19G00Z-0.94G40M08
      N21X1.5
      N21G01X0.4F0.03
      N23G75R0.015
      N24G75X0.08Z-0.94P300F0.0017
      N25G00X0.65
      N26M09
      N28G28U0
      T1111
      ( RPM 31C ) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<CREATE FILE WITH THIS NAME
      M30

      %
      O2222( SSR-105A FACE AND CUT OFF TO 2.150 )
      ( PART )
      ( HD SSR 105A MATL 321 )
      #503=0
      #504=1
      #501=-2.425
      ( 06/14/'05 )
      ( [RUN TIME] 0 MIN 00 SEC )
      ( [MATERIAL] 0.375 HEX [OUT] 2.525 )
      ( [HOLDING] 5C )
      ( [PRESSURE] 250 PSI )
      ( [CUT MATL] 48.00 = 20-21 PARTS )
      ( ******************************** )
      ( [TOOL SET UP] )
      ( 1 80' 0.015R OR 0.031R )
      ( 11 CUT-OFF )
      ( 12 BAR-PULL )
      ( NOTES )
      N1G28U0
      N2G50S2200
      T1111
      N18G97S1650M04
      N19G00Z-0.94G40M08
      N21X1.5
      N21G01X0.4F0.03
      N23G75R0.015
      N24G75X0.08Z-0.94P300F0.0017
      N25G00X0.65
      N26M09
      N28G28U0
      T1111
      ( SSR 105A ) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<CREATE FILE WITH THIS NAME
      M30
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 5, 2009
        Of course .... if we understand what we are doing and the data pattern.

        Is there always a return followed by a % to start each file?
        Is the "filename" always the second from last line, followed by a bunch
        of blank lines?

        Is there always an M30 on the last line of each file?
      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 5, 2009
          Try this data pattern along with getresubstrings and I think you have it:
          (?s)^(% \R.*?\( )(SF 49A)( \)\RM30)\R

          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 5, 2009
            errr this:
            (?s)^(% \R.*?\( )(.*?)( \)\RM30)\R

            Sorry stopped one short of full thought there.

            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 5, 2009
              Yes there is a M30 at the end of each file but no to the other stuff

              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 5, 2009
                Sorry for my ignorance but what is a getresubstrings

                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
                  bozlawless wrote:
                  > but what is a getresubstrings

                  Hmm, let's see:
                  Clip Help --> search --> "getresubstrings" --> one topic

                  If you do a Regex find with more than one group in round brackets () you
                  can then define an Array as:

                  ^!SetArray %Array%=^$GetReSubStrings$

                  After that ^%Array0% will contain the number of elements (brackets) and
                  ^%Array1% and and up will contain what has been found inside those
                  marked groups.

                  Axel
                • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
                    Thanks Axel,

                    This is a very good explanation of what is getresubstrings. Help or
                    more particularly help on "help on clip programming" is your friend. I
                    use the search function regularly in that help "file".

                    Here is the problem -- and it's a common one with questions such as this:

                    1. the answer is absolutely yes it can be done
                    2. the solution is completely dependent on the following:
                    a. what does the input look like ... you gave use three examples
                    that appear to be the same at the start and finish ... I say is that
                    common and you say no ... well if I take (took) the time to craft a
                    solution and in fact the data is not representative, then we have
                    achieved nothing. I need to know what is the same for every single
                    file; and
                    b. what should the output look like - I'm assuming you want
                    everything from % to M30 to be in a new file named after the "filename"
                    you choose, but you didn't say. If all you want to do is capture the
                    filename (Was that your only question?) well then just take the last
                    part of that find and you have it.

                    So yes we can help, but you didn't really give us enough to answer well.

                    I hope that is helpful and all makes sense.

                    Don

                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
                      "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
                      > but you didn't really give us enough

                      You have put that in a nutshell Don. Really understanding and
                      conceptualizing the problem is art, translating that into code mere
                      craft.

                      This fact goes for many areas in science and life.

                      Axel
                    • bozlawless
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
                        Hey sorry its hard for me to convey thru cyberspace what i want sometimes also in life but here goes

                        1. Create a file from O#### to M30

                        2. The file name needs to be same as line just before M30 (FILENAME)

                        3. I don't have any input other than open the master file

                        4. Yes all files will look like this other than the O#### (INFO ) at the start and the name just before the M30

                        I pray that is helpful and makes sense

                        Thank you to everyone who is helping me on this
                        Mike

                        > Thanks Axel,
                        >
                        > This is a very good explanation of what is getresubstrings. Help or
                        > more particularly help on "help on clip programming" is your friend. I
                        > use the search function regularly in that help "file".
                        >
                        > Here is the problem -- and it's a common one with questions such as this:
                        >
                        > 1. the answer is absolutely yes it can be done
                        > 2. the solution is completely dependent on the following:
                        > a. what does the input look like ... you gave use three examples
                        > that appear to be the same at the start and finish ... I say is that
                        > common and you say no ... well if I take (took) the time to craft a
                        > solution and in fact the data is not representative, then we have
                        > achieved nothing. I need to know what is the same for every single
                        > file; and
                        > b. what should the output look like - I'm assuming you want
                        > everything from % to M30 to be in a new file named after the "filename"
                        > you choose, but you didn't say. If all you want to do is capture the
                        > filename (Was that your only question?) well then just take the last
                        > part of that find and you have it.
                        >
                        > So yes we can help, but you didn't really give us enough to answer well.
                        >
                        > I hope that is helpful and all makes sense.
                        >
                        > Don
                        >
                        > Axel Berger wrote:
                        > > bozlawless wrote:
                        > >> but what is a getresubstrings
                        > >
                        > > Hmm, let's see:
                        > > Clip Help --> search --> "getresubstrings" --> one topic
                        > >
                        > > If you do a Regex find with more than one group in round brackets () you
                        > > can then define an Array as:
                        > >
                        > > ^!SetArray %Array%=^$GetReSubStrings$
                        > >
                        > > After that ^%Array0% will contain the number of elements (brackets) and
                        > > ^%Array1% and and up will contain what has been found inside those
                        > > marked groups.
                        > >
                        > > Axel

                      • bozlawless
                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
                          Hey sorry its hard for me to convey thru cyberspace what i want sometimes also in life but here goes

                          1. Create a file from O#### to M30

                          2. The file name needs to be same as line just before M30 (FILENAME)

                          3. I don't have any input other than open the master file

                          4. Yes all files will look like this other than the O#### (INFO ) at the start and the name just before the M30

                          I pray that is helpful and makes sense

                          Thank you to everyone who is helping me on this
                          Mike

                          > Thanks Axel,
                          >
                          > This is a very good explanation of what is getresubstrings. Help or
                          > more particularly help on "help on clip programming" is your friend. I
                          > use the search function regularly in that help "file".
                          >
                          > Here is the problem -- and it's a common one with questions such as this:
                          >
                          > 1. the answer is absolutely yes it can be done
                          > 2. the solution is completely dependent on the following:
                          > a. what does the input look like ... you gave use three examples
                          > that appear to be the same at the start and finish ... I say is that
                          > common and you say no ... well if I take (took) the time to craft a
                          > solution and in fact the data is not representative, then we have
                          > achieved nothing. I need to know what is the same for every single
                          > file; and
                          > b. what should the output look like - I'm assuming you want
                          > everything from % to M30 to be in a new file named after the "filename"
                          > you choose, but you didn't say. If all you want to do is capture the
                          > filename (Was that your only question?) well then just take the last
                          > part of that find and you have it.
                          >
                          > So yes we can help, but you didn't really give us enough to answer well.
                          >
                          > I hope that is helpful and all makes sense.
                          >
                          > Don
                          >
                          > Axel Berger wrote:
                          > > bozlawless wrote:
                          > >> but what is a getresubstrings
                          > >
                          > > Hmm, let's see:
                          > > Clip Help --> search --> "getresubstrings" --> one topic
                          > >
                          > > If you do a Regex find with more than one group in round brackets () you
                          > > can then define an Array as:
                          > >
                          > > ^!SetArray %Array%=^$GetReSubStrings$
                          > >
                          > > After that ^%Array0% will contain the number of elements (brackets) and
                          > > ^%Array1% and and up will contain what has been found inside those
                          > > marked groups.
                          > >
                          > > Axel

                        • bozlawless
                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
                            Thanks AXEL

                            > bozlawless wrote:
                            > > but what is a getresubstrings
                            >
                            > Hmm, let's see:
                            > Clip Help --> search --> "getresubstrings" --> one topic
                            >
                            > If you do a Regex find with more than one group in round brackets () you
                            > can then define an Array as:
                            >
                            > ^!SetArray %Array%=^$GetReSubStrings$
                            >
                            > After that ^%Array0% will contain the number of elements (brackets) and
                            > ^%Array1% and and up will contain what has been found inside those
                            > marked groups.
                            >
                            > Axel

                          • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
                              I that an alphabetic Ohh and not a numberic zero?
                              There are always four numbers after it?
                              That always starts every single "file" data set and M30 ends every
                              single file data set?

                              Ohhh#### never appears at the start of any line except for the first
                              line of a data set?

                              bozlawless wrote:
                              > Hey sorry its hard for me to convey thru cyberspace what i want sometimes also in life but here goes
                              >
                              > 1. Create a file from O#### to M30
                              >
                              > 2. The file name needs to be same as line just before M30 (FILENAME)
                              >
                              > 3. I don't have any input other than open the master file
                              >
                              > 4. Yes all files will look like this other than the O#### (INFO ) at the start and the name just before the M30
                              >
                              > I pray that is helpful and makes sense
                              >
                              > Thank you to everyone who is helping me on this
                              > Mike
                            • flo.gehrke
                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
                                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "bozlawless" <bozlawless@...> wrote:

                                > Hey sorry its hard for me to convey thru cyberspace what i want sometimes also in life but here goes
                                >
                                > 1. Create a file from O#### to M30
                                >
                                > 2. The file name needs to be same as line just before M30 (FILENAME)
                                >
                                > 3. I don't have any input other than open the master file
                                >
                                > 4. Yes all files will look like this other than the O#### (INFO ) at the start and the name just before the M30
                                >
                                > I pray that is helpful and makes sense
                                >
                                > Thank you to everyone who is helping me on this
                                > Mike

                                Mike,

                                Open your "Master File" and start the following clip. It will split the text you've sent to the group into three parts. Each part is saved in a separate file. So you will get three files named SF 49A.txt, RPM 31C.txt, and SSR 105A.txt.

                                ;^!SetScreenUpdate Off
                                ^!Jump 1
                                :Loop
                                ^!Find "^O\d{4}\C+?M30$" RS
                                ^!IfError End
                                ^!SetClipboard ^$GetSelection$
                                ^!Jump Select_End
                                ^!Jump -1
                                ^!Find "^\(\x20\K.+(?=\x20\))" RS
                                ^!Set %Name%="^$GetSelection$.txt"
                                ^!TextToFile "^$GetDocumentPath$^%Name%" ^$GetClipboard$
                                ^!Goto Loop

                                I hope this will meet your intentions.

                                Regards,
                                Flo
                              • bozlawless
                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
                                  yes alphabetic Ohh starts every time and yes four numbers after it and it always ends with M30

                                  > I that an alphabetic Ohh and not a numberic zero?
                                  > There are always four numbers after it?
                                  > That always starts every single "file" data set and M30 ends every
                                  > single file data set?
                                  >
                                  > Ohhh#### never appears at the start of any line except for the first
                                  > line of a data set?
                                  >
                                  > bozlawless wrote:
                                  > > Hey sorry its hard for me to convey thru cyberspace what i want sometimes also in life but here goes
                                  > >
                                  > > 1. Create a file from O#### to M30
                                  > >
                                  > > 2. The file name needs to be same as line just before M30 (FILENAME)
                                  > >
                                  > > 3. I don't have any input other than open the master file
                                  > >
                                  > > 4. Yes all files will look like this other than the O#### (INFO ) at the start and the name just before the M30
                                  > >
                                  > > I pray that is helpful and makes sense
                                  > >
                                  > > Thank you to everyone who is helping me on this
                                  > > Mike

                                • bozlawless
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
                                    no not always a % at the start but always a O#### that is the leter O followed by four numbers

                                    the "filename" is always before M30 second line from last line

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
                                      i ran it not sure were it saved them to when it was running it gave me a I/O ERROR

                                      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "bozlawless" <bozlawless@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Hey sorry its hard for me to convey thru cyberspace what i want sometimes also in life but here goes
                                      > >
                                      > > 1. Create a file from O#### to M30
                                      > >
                                      > > 2. The file name needs to be same as line just before M30 (FILENAME)
                                      > >
                                      > > 3. I don't have any input other than open the master file
                                      > >
                                      > > 4. Yes all files will look like this other than the O#### (INFO ) at the start and the name just before the M30
                                      > >
                                      > > I pray that is helpful and makes sense
                                      > >
                                      > > Thank you to everyone who is helping me on this
                                      > > Mike
                                      >
                                      > Mike,
                                      >
                                      > Open your "Master File" and start the following clip. It will split the text you've sent to the group into three parts. Each part is saved in a separate file. So you will get three files named SF 49A.txt, RPM 31C.txt, and SSR 105A.txt.
                                      >

                                      > ;^!SetScreenUpdate Off
                                      > ^!Jump 1
                                      > :Loop
                                      > ^!Find "^O\d{4}\C+?M30$" RS
                                      > ^!IfError End
                                      > ^!SetClipboard ^$GetSelection$
                                      > ^!Jump Select_End
                                      > ^!Jump -1
                                      > ^!Find "^\(\x20\K.+(?=\x20\))" RS
                                      > ^!Set %Name%="^$GetSelection$.txt"
                                      > ^!TextToFile "^$GetDocumentPath$^%Name%" ^$GetClipboard$
                                      > ^!Goto Loop
                                      >

                                      > I hope this will meet your intentions.
                                      >
                                      > Regards,
                                      > Flo

                                    • flo.gehrke
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
                                        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "bozlawless" <bozlawless@...> wrote:

                                        > i ran it not sure were it saved them to when it was running it gave
                                        > me a I/O ERROR

                                        I've tested with NT Pro 6.12. What's your NT version?

                                        Flo
                                      • bozlawless
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
                                          ver 6.12 i sent you more info

                                          > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "bozlawless" <bozlawless@> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > i ran it not sure were it saved them to when it was running it gave
                                          > > me a I/O ERROR
                                          >
                                          > I've tested with NT Pro 6.12. What's your NT version?
                                          >
                                          > Flo

                                        • flo.gehrke
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Dec 6, 2009
                                            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "bozlawless" <bozlawless@...> wrote:

                                            > ver 6.12 i sent you more info

                                            Mike,

                                            There's a problem with your data. You wrote...

                                            1. that the line before "M30" is containing the string that serves as the file name.

                                            2. that this line has a format like '( SF 240B )'. But that's not the case in all those lines. Consequently, the clip captures another line that doesn't comply with the rules of correct file names. This ends up in an I/O Error.

                                            You may run the following clip in order to see what those lines in question actually contain:

                                            ^!Jump 1

                                            :Loop
                                            ^!Find "^M30" RS
                                            ^!IfError End
                                            ^!Set %Adr%=^$GetLine(-1)$
                                            ^!Append %List%=^%Adr%^%NL%
                                            ^!Goto Loop

                                            :End
                                            ^!Toolbar New Document
                                            ^!InsertText ^%List%
                                            ^!ClearVariable %List%

                                            For example: See the following lines...

                                            N84G28U0
                                            T0101
                                            M30

                                            O0303

                                            As you can see, the line before 'M30' has a format that doesn't accord with the format you described.

                                            So it's up to you to clean your data or to give us a precise description of all possible formats of this line containing the file name.

                                            Regards,
                                            Flo
                                          • bozlawless
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Dec 7, 2009
                                              Flo thanks for your help i cleaned up my "master file" and put a name above all the M30 but it is still stopping at O1232 AND O1518

                                              When i cleaned up my "master file" and run your second clip it spits out a text file and shoes all the names are good

                                              Thanks
                                              Mike