Re: [Clip] How to invoke a clip

    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 24, 2009
      John Shotsky wrote:
      > ^\d{2}\.\d{2}\.\d{2}\.\d{2}

      That's how I would do it, the (?1) is too clever for me, keep it
      primitive, but with one correction:

      ^(\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3})

      Axel
    • John B Shotsky
      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 27, 2009
        Since I get files from the interenet, and have no idea of the CRLF format of
        received files, I always use \R to detect any form of single or double
        characters, and replace with \r\n so that I know that whatever form is in
        the text, my replacement will be successful.

        So
        ^!Replace "\R" >> "\r\n" ARTSW
        provides that all forms of CRLF or CR or LF or LFCR are replaced with one
        known entitiy. Then, throughout my libraries, I continue to use \R to detect
        any form of line end. If I want to remove only excess blank lines, but
        retain them between paragraphs, I use
        ^!Replace "\R\R+" >> "\r\n\r\n" ARTSW
        John