RE: [Clip] How to establish default folders

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 18, 2009
      Art,

      Thanks for this. The clip is handy, and it shows me that NTB is still using one user folder that I was unaware of. There
      is another location for NTB's files if running Vista or Win7, as you can see below - the USERS folder. And most of the
      folders inside that folder are inaccessible, so you just have to poke around to see which ones open, unless you know in
      advance exactly where to look. That is part of the original problem.

      My list:

      Get NoteTab folder locations:

      $GetAppPath$ = C:\Programs\NoteTab Pro\

      $GetDataPath$ = C:\Programs\NoteTab Pro\

      $GetDocumentPath$ = C:\Programs\NoteTab Pro\Documents\

      $GetFavoritePath$ = C:\Programs\NoteTab Pro\Favorites\

      $GetLibraryPath$ = C:\Programs\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\

      $GetLibraryUserPath$ = C:\Programs\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\

      $GetTmpPath$ = C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\

      I have temporarily, or maybe permanently solved this problem for my own users now. I created a new folder for all my
      system's files except the library files. In the first clip my users run, I set up a new .ini file which copies the
      contents of NoteTab.ini or NotePro.ini and places it into my new folder. The system is told to use that .ini file, into
      which I also place my own program variables. That code turned out to be surprisingly simple:

      ;Establish the ini file name and location

      ^!SetIniFile ^$GetAppPath$RecipeClips\RecipeClips

      ^!IfFileExist ^$GetAppPath$Recipeclips\RecipeClips.ini IniFileComplete

      ;Saves NoteTab.ini and current settings to the "RecipeClips.ini" file in the RecipeClips directory

      ^!ProgIniSave ^$GetAppPath$Recipeclips\RecipeClips.ini

      :IniFileComplete

      Finally, I think I also determined why different people's systems worked differently. Several people told me that when
      they copied their NoteTab.ini file to the NoteTab folder, it ignored it. These two lines in the .ini file may explain
      why:

      UseRegistry=0

      UseProfileFolder=0

      As you can see, even though both of these are set false, my temp path is in the user profile path.