Re: [Clip] Re: [NTB] Concatenation of files

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 6, 2009
      Thanks for taking the time on the this, Sheri.
      However, I cannot seem to get it to work.

      Here is a screen shot of the dialog from the clip:
      http://epicroadtrips.com/ss/
      -Mike
      ==============
      Sheri wrote:
      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogrou ps.com <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "wv.mike" <mike@...> wrote:
      >
      > > There are 22 subdirs in one parent folder.
      > > Thanks,
      > > -Mike
      >
      > Following will insert matching files and put a banner line at the
      > beginning of each including its filename, as well as a line break at the
      > end of each.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Sheri
      >
      > ^!Toolbar New Document
      > ^!Set %spec%="^?{( T=D)Directory= =^%spec%} ";%pat%=" ^?{FilePattern=
      > =^%pat%}"
      > ^!IfPathExist "^%spec%" Next ELSE Skip_-1
      > ^!IfEmpty "^%pat%" Skip_-2
      > ^!SetArray %Names%=^$GetFiles( "+^%spec% ";^%pat%; ;Name)$
      > ^!Set %i%=0
      > :Loop
      > ^!Inc %i%
      > ^!If ^%i%>^%Names0% Out
      > ^!InsertText **** ^%Names^%i%% ****^P
      > ^!InsertFile "^%Names^%i% %"
      > ^!InsertText ^P
      > ^!Goto Loop
      > :Out
      > ^!SetArray %Names%=""
      > ^!Set %Names%=""
      > ^!Set %i%=""

    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 6, 2009
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for taking the time on the this, Sheri.
        > However, I cannot seem to get it to work.
        >
        > Here is a screen shot of the dialog from the clip:
        > http://epicroadtrips.com/ss/
        > -Mike
        > ==============

        You are supposed to click the button at the right of the directory prompt and browse to the parent folder. For the file pattern, in your case you need to enter index.html. Get rid of the equal sign.

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 6, 2009
          Sheri wrote:
          > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogrou ps.com <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Thanks for taking the time on the this, Sheri.
          > > However, I cannot seem to get it to work.
          > >
          > > Here is a screen shot of the dialog from the clip:
          > > http://epicroadtrip s.com/ss/ <http://epicroadtrips.com/ss/>
          > > -Mike
          > > ============ ==
          >
          > You are supposed to click the button at the right of the directory
          > prompt and browse to the parent folder. For the file pattern, in your
          > case you need to enter index.html. Get rid of the equal sign.

          I figgered out the directory prompt but was baffled by the "file pattern"

          I ran it but it does not seem be searching the subfolders of the parent
          directory "copy of ca" where the "index.html" files are.

          Thanks for your patience.
          -Mike

          > Regards,
          > Sheri
          >
          > > Sheri wrote:
          > > > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogrou ps.com <mailto:ntb- clips%40yahoogro
          > ups.com>,

          > > > Following will insert matching files and put a banner line at the
          > > > beginning of each including its filename, as well as a line break
          > at the
          > > > end of each.
          > > >
          > > > Regards,
          > > > Sheri
          > > >
          > > > ^!Toolbar New Document
          > > > ^!Set %spec%="^?{( T=D)Directory= =^%spec%} ";%pat%=" ^?{FilePattern=
          > > > =^%pat%}"
          > > > ^!IfPathExist "^%spec%" Next ELSE Skip_-1
          > > > ^!IfEmpty "^%pat%" Skip_-2
          > > > ^!SetArray %Names%=^$GetFiles( "+^%spec% ";^%pat%; ;Name)$
          > > > ^!Set %i%=0
          > > > :Loop
          > > > ^!Inc %i%
          > > > ^!If ^%i%>^%Names0% Out
          > > > ^!InsertText **** ^%Names^%i%% ****^P
          > > > ^!InsertFile "^%Names^%i% %"
          > > > ^!InsertText ^P
          > > > ^!Goto Loop
          > > > :Out
          > > > ^!SetArray %Names%=""
          > > > ^!Set %Names%=""
          > > > ^!Set %i%=""

          > Virus Database (VPS): 091106-2, 11/06/2009
          > Tested on: 11/6/2009 5:00:59 PM

          Morgantown WV

          www.EpicRoadTrips.us
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 6, 2009
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:

            > Sheri wrote:
            > > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogrou ps.com <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Thanks for taking the time on the this, Sheri.
            > > > However, I cannot seem to get it to work.
            > > >
            > > > Here is a screen shot of the dialog from the clip:
            > > > http://epicroadtrip s.com/ss/ <http://epicroadtrips.com/ss/>
            > > > -Mike
            > > > ============ ==
            > >
            > > You are supposed to click the button at the right of the
            > > directory prompt and browse to the parent folder. For the file
            > > pattern, in your case you need to enter index.html. Get rid of
            > > the equal sign. I figgered out the directory prompt but was
            > > baffled by the "file pattern" I ran it but it does not seem be
            > > searching the subfolders of the parent directory "copy of ca"
            > > where the "index.html" files are.

            Works for me on XP SP3, so I don't know. Drills down through all subdirectories.

            ^!Toolbar New Document was not intended to be the name of the clip.

            Also when you enter the file pattern index.html, it shouldn't have any extra spaces or periods before or after.

            Maybe you should post what your actual clip looks like.

          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 6, 2009
              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:

              > Sheri wrote:
              > > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogrou ps.com <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Thanks for taking the time on the this, Sheri.
              > > > However, I cannot seem to get it to work.
              > > >
              > > > Here is a screen shot of the dialog from the clip:
              > > > http://epicroadtrip s.com/ss/ <http://epicroadtrips.com/ss/>
              > > > -Mike
              > > > ============ ==
              > >
              > > You are supposed to click the button at the right of the directory
              > > prompt and browse to the parent folder. For the file pattern, in your
              > > case you need to enter index.html. Get rid of the equal sign.
              >
              > I figgered out the directory prompt but was baffled by the "file pattern"
              >
              > I ran it but it does not seem be searching the subfolders of the parent
              > directory "copy of ca" where the "index.html" files are.
              >
              > Thanks for your patience.
              > -Mike
              >
              > > Regards,
              > > Sheri

              > > ups.com>,

              > > at the

              looking at some of the quoted lines on your post, there are numerous spaces in places that should not have spaces.
            • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 7, 2009
                Sheri wrote:

                > Works for me on XP SP3, so I don't know. Drills down through all
                > subdirectories.
                >
                > ^!Toolbar New Document was not intended to be the name of the clip.
                >
                > Also when you enter the file pattern index.html, it shouldn't have any
                > extra spaces or periods before or after.
                >
                > Maybe you should post what your actual clip looks like.
                >
                > Regards,Sheri

                Here is the clip:
                ^!Toolbar New Document
                ^!Set %spec%="^?{( T=D)Directory= =^%spec%} ";%pat%=" ^?{FilePattern=
                =^%pat%}"
                ^!IfPathExist "^%spec%" Next ELSE Skip_-1
                ^!IfEmpty "^%pat%" Skip_-2
                ^!SetArray %Names%=^$GetFiles( "+^%spec% ";^%pat%; ;Name)$
                ^!Set %i%=0
                :Loop
                ^!Inc %i%
                ^!If ^%i%>^%Names0% Out
                ^!InsertText **** ^%Names^%i%% ****^P
                ^!InsertFile "^%Names^%i% %"
                ^!InsertText ^P
                ^!Goto Loop
                :Out
                ^!SetArray %Names%=""
                ^!Set %Names%=""
                ^!Set %i%=""

                I created the clip by copying from your email than choosing "Add from
                Clipboard" in the clip library.
                The clip has no broken lines.

                To be on the safe side I deleted the first clip and created a new one.

                I am not sure how any extra spaces would end up in the clip doing a Copy
                and Paste to create it.
                Here is another screen shot of the "new" clip dialog as well as the clip.
                http://epicroadtrips.com/ss/concant.jpg
                http://epicroadtrips.com/ss/concantenate.txt

                Thanks,
                -Mike
              • Sheri
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 7, 2009
                  --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:

                  > I created the clip by copying from your email than choosing "Add
                  > from Clipboard" in the clip library.
                  > The clip has no broken lines.
                  >
                  > To be on the safe side I deleted the first clip and created a new
                  > one.
                  >
                  > I am not sure how any extra spaces would end up in the clip doing
                  > a Copy and Paste to create it.

                  Well both your message and linked txt files have extra spaces. Evidently they are in the source you copied from, added by your email program. What is your email program?

                  Try copying from here:

                  I would suggest also to edit the clip in order to press the enter key at the end of the last line. The last clip instruction should be terminated with a line break.

                  Also, in your jpg, the folder name in your clip wizard should end with a "\". If not using the folder button to browse to it, be sure to type one.

                • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 7, 2009
                    Sheri wrote:
                    > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogrou ps.com <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com>,
                    > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I created the clip by copying from your email than choosing "Add
                    > > from Clipboard" in the clip library.
                    > > The clip has no broken lines.
                    > >
                    > > To be on the safe side I deleted the first clip and created a new
                    > > one.
                    > >
                    > > I am not sure how any extra spaces would end up in the clip doing
                    > > a Copy and Paste to create it.
                    >
                    > Well both your message and linked txt files have extra spaces. Evidently
                    > they are in the source you copied from, added by your email program.
                    > What is your email program?

                    Thunderbird.

                    > Try copying from here:
                    >
                    > <http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ ntb-clips/ messages/
                    > 19892?viscount= 100&expand= 1
                    > <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/messages/19892?viscount=100&expand=1>>

                    That did the trick!
                    Runs now. Very cool.

                    > I would suggest also to edit the clip in order to press the enter key at
                    > the end of the last line. The last clip instruction should be terminated
                    > with a line break.

                    I did not make these edits, but it seems to run fine.

                    Thanks again for the help.
                    I never ceased to be amazed what is possible with NT and a talented clip
                    programmer.
                    -Mike