Re: [Clip] Re: alternative not regex syntax (was modify strip html preserveurls)

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2009
      "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
      > moving it from one html environment to
      > another where mark-up is not needed

      One of those, igitt. I think your other idea is easier:

      ^!Replace "</a>" >> "{/a} WASI
      ^!Replace other tags as wanted
      ^!MENU Modify/Strip HTML Tags/Preserve URLs
      ^!Replace "<http://(.*?)>" >> "<a href="http://$1">" WRASI
      ^!Replace "{" >> "<" WASI
      ^!Replace "}" >> ">" WASI

      This assumes you do not use any curly braces anywhere. Replacing the URL
      after the Strip HTML gets rid of all other attributes or classes that
      may be present in the link.

      Axel
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2009
        somewhere around here I have a "curly braces and other such nonsense" clip
        it runs a file and makes sure there are on curly braces and if not, do
        as you ask below
        if yes, then advance to the next "funny character set" and try that one
        and so forth until I get a clean one ... when out of the fifteen or
        twenty choices, if still no love, then throw an error message and punt

        this is in a different context ... with returns

        ; find an odd character we can use for processing
        ; the odd character cannot appear in the file
        ^!SetArray
        %odd_character_delimiter%="|";"`";"{";"}";"+";"*";"&";"%";"@";"!";"'"
        ^!Set %odd_character_count%="0"

        ; let's find an odd character not in the file ...
        :Loop_Odd_Character
        ^!Inc %odd_character_count%
        ^!If "^%odd_character_count%" > "^%odd_character_delimiter0%" BADCONTENT
        ^!Find "^%odd_character_delimiter^%odd_character_count%%" CIWS
        ; if backtick present warn user and end
        ^!IfError NEXT ELSE Loop_Odd_Character

        ; replace all paragraphs with backticks
        ; because strip html will remove paragraphs otherwise
        ^!Replace "^P" >> "^%odd_character_delimiter^%odd_character_count%%" ACIWS

        ; strip out the html
        ;^!Select All
        ;^$StrStripHTML("^$GetSelection$";FALSE)$

        ; reinsert the paragraphs
        ^!Replace "^%odd_character_delimiter^%odd_character_count%%" >> "^P" ACIWS

        Your proposal should work just fine ... but I really wanted to learn
        "not" regex.