Re: [Clip] Finding Minimum Value in Array

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 3, 2009
      I agree that NoteTab needs a numeric sort period, not just in the clip
      functions but in the editor itself. Under the assumption that the clip sort
      is a mirror of the editor sort you can easily see the results (and
      fallacies), of all the arrays in this thread. Even zero padding is not an
      answer:

      Copy Hugo's last array to NTB, change all the commas to ^P and sort:
      ^!SetArray %Array%=03,8,329,1,1.25,7,10.34,4,9,6,
      2,5,11,0.25,0.1,10000,20,0.0119,10,0.012
      Notice the "03" is less than "1", "11" is less than 2", and so on.

      And while we're at it, NoteTab also sorely needs a major/minor column sort.
      Jody's clip has never worked for me so I am left with going to Ultra Edit
      for anything other than trivial column one sorts. The lack of column sorts
      is a PITA and an unnecessary waste of time.

      BTW, UE not only does the numeric sorts but preserved the leading zero
      padding characters while correctly sorting the numeric values.

      Art