Re: [Clip] What does the (?s) do in a regexp FIND?

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2009
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Art Kocsis <artkns@...> wrote:

      > Joy,
      >
      > I found the best source for learning and using RegEx is the home
      > of the engine that Eric uses in NoteTab: the PERL organization
      > itself.

      The regex engine in NoteTab is PCRE. PCRE is not identical but attempts to maintain regex compatibility with Perl. While learning Perl regex is helpful, NoteTab's engine is not developed by a Perl organization.

      There is a wiki on PCRE that might be helpful:

      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perl_Compatible_Regular_Expressions>