Re: [Clip] parse words and replace with SQL statement - never mind

  • flo.gehrke
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2009
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, MrPhillip <mr.phillip@...> wrote:

      > ...it does not seem to work for me. I click to run the clip, but
      > nothing happens. Maybe my old version of NT4.82 is a problem?

      Mr. Phillip,

      Sorry, I can't verify that. Probably, that's the reason why it doesn't work for you. There have been basic changes to the RegEx Machine and PCRE since NT 4.82.

      Your interpretation of the RegEx appears quite correct. In my words:

      (^[^\x20]+)\x20 matches all characters from the beginning of the line that are no space and plus the next following space. The first substring in parentheses goes into $1. All characters following the space till the end of line go into $2. The replacement string just outputs $1 and $2 combined with those SQL statements.

      > I tried to use parts of what you said in the Find tool as a
      > regex...(^[^\x20]+) that selects the first 3 characters of
      > the first word (curious?).

      Certainly another v4.82 issue.

      > Maybe it is time for me to send Eric some more money?

      I fully agree with you ;-)

      Regards,
      Flo
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 11, 2009
        flo.gehrke (flo.gehrke@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-10-09 at
        18:40):
        > Your interpretation of the RegEx appears quite correct. In my words:
        >
        > (^[^\x20]+)\x20 matches all characters from the beginning of the line
        > that are no space and plus the next following space. The first
        > substring in parentheses goes into $1. All characters following the
        > space till the end of line go into $2. The replacement string just
        > outputs $1 and $2 combined with those SQL statements.
        >
        > > > I tried to use parts of what you said in the Find tool as a
        > > > regex...(^[^\x20]+) that selects the first 3 characters of
        > > > the first word (curious?).
        >
        > Certainly another v4.82 issue.

        Mr. Phillip:

        If you've got a lot of clips and want to check out possible problems
        with conversion to v5 (now v6) get the Lite version until you satisfy
        yourself you want to change to the Pro version :-) :-$

        If you want to try it with ver 4.x you might be able to get it to work
        by fixing (ie. back-porting) Flo's clip as follows:
        NTB 5 syntax (group expression) *was* {group expression}
        -- ie. curly brace instead of round brace
        NTB 5 syntax $1 $2 etc replacements was \1 \2 etc

        wrt. your original clip: (not tested)

        ; put cursor back at line start
        ^!SetCursor ^%row%;1
        ; and select to end of line
        ^!Select EOL
        ; delete the line
        ^!Keyboard BACKSPACE

        I basically try to avoid *all* use of ^!keyboard commands by the
        (usually) available ^!Menu commands eg. ^!Menu Edit/Delete might replace
        ^!Keyboard BACKSPACE as is. I'm not sure whether the cursor would be
        positioned exactly where you want it afterwards.

        If its "off by one" you might correct it by adding a ^!MoveCursor +/-nnn
        after the ^!Menu Edit/Delete.