Re: [Clip] Using Hotkeys to Enter Text

  • loro
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 7, 2009
      Jeremiah Z. Rogers wrote:
      >Greetings all. I want to do something which seems incredibly simple, but
      >can't figure out how.
      >
      >I know there's presently a set of tools to create HTML in NoteTab, and I'm
      >happy to use it if doing so will help. However, what I want is much less
      >in-depth. I want to be able to use alt+shift combinations to enter HTML tags
      >and leave the cursor just prior to the closing tag so that I can then
      >populate it.
      >
      >So, a clip would simply respond to the key combination alt+shift+a by typing
      ><a></a> then leave the cursor between the > and < symbols.

      You can't do it exactly as you describe it, but almost. Open the
      ordinary help file (not Clip Help) and type "auto" in the box on the
      Index tab. The first listed item should be AutoCorrect. There you
      have it. AKA as Auto-replace, as you can see. ;-)

      Lotta
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2009
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremiah Z. Rogers" <jzrogers@...> wrote:

        > Greetings all. I want to do something which seems incredibly
        > simple, but can't figure out how.
        >
        > I know there's presently a set of tools to create HTML in
        > NoteTab, and I'm happy to use it if doing so will help. However,
        > what I want is much less in-depth. I want to be able to use
        > alt+shift combinations to enter HTML tags and leave the cursor
        > just prior to the closing tag so that I can then populate it.
        >
        > So, a clip would simply respond to the key combination
        > alt+shift+a by typing <a></a> then leave the cursor between the >
        > and < symbols.
        >
        > It seems that perhaps I'd have to activate a particular clip
        > which looked for any of the key combinations I'd assign and take
        > action. I simply can't figure out how to get started.

        Yes, but it requires additional software in order to trigger clips with hotkeys. See here:

      • c.brito78
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 7, 2009
          Dear Sheri,

          Your link to the video do not work, "not finded".

          Regards,
          --------------------------------------

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 7, 2009
            "Jeremiah Z. Rogers" wrote:
            > So, a clip would simply respond to the key combination
            > alt+shift+a by typing <a></a> then leave the cursor between
            > the > and < symbols.

            If you're prepared to loosen your requirements a bit, you'll find it's
            all there in HTML-ar already. Instead of <Shift><Alt><a> you type <<>
            <a> <space> one after the other and there you are. Try <b[space] first.
            As implemented <A> is rather more involved. You can either appreciate
            the features or modify it for your needs. My own myHTML-ar bears little
            resemblance to the original by now, it has slowly grown and changed over
            the years.

            I think you'll find the sequence with an initial character much easier
            to use than a three keys triple. I do.

            Axel
          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 8, 2009
              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "c.brito78" <c.brito78@...> wrote:

              > Dear Sheri,
              >
              > Your link to the video do not work, "not finded".

              Seems to be okay now. Maybe a temporary glitch.