Re: Search for selected text

  • ehofferino
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2009
      Indeed, my experience is the same - no difference between brackets or curly braces, but using the If...Next...Else...Skip formula seems to have done the trick.

      Is this a bug, or the expected behavior?

      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@> wrote:
      > >
      > > If there are square bracket type wizards anywhere in a clip, they
      > > are presented before any other code is processed. You need curly
      > > brackets if you want the wizard to be evaluated inline with the
      > > rest of the code.
      >
      > Sheri,
      >
      > For me, the Wizard pops up in any case -- even with curly braces.
      >
      > Could there be something wrong with an If that is followed by a Wizard on the same line? At first glance, this should comply with the syntax (since NT v4.8).
      >
      > For example, with...
      >
      > ^!Set %SearchTerm%="Mary"
      > ^!If "^%SearchTerm%" <> "Mary" ^!Set %SearchTerm%=^?{Symbol}
      > ^!Info ^%SearchTerm%
      >
      > the wizard pops up as well.
      >
      > There's no problem when placing the Wizard in a separate line...
      >
      > ^!Set %SearchTerm%=^$GetSelection$
      > ^!IfEmpty ^%SearchTerm% Next Else Skip
      > ^!Set %SearchTerm%=^?{Symbol}
      >
      > It also works with a simple ^!Set command (without Wizard) on the same line like...
      >
      > ^!Set %SearchTerm%=^$GetSelection$
      > ^!IfEmpty ^%SearchTerm% ^!Set %SearchTerm%="Nothing selected"
      > ^!Info ^%SearchTerm%
      > ^!ClearVariable %SearchTerm%
      >
      > Regards,
      > Flo

    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 8, 2009

        > For me, the Wizard pops up in any case -- even with curly braces.
        >
        > Could there be something wrong with an If that is followed by a Wizard on the same line? At first glance, this should comply with the syntax (since NT v4.8).

        I think this has something to do with the way NoteTab parses lines, from the RIGHT. Which means it parses the wizard before it parses the test.

        This problem has existed all along (at least back to NTP 4.9).

        The solution is to make the test a two-liner.

        ^!If ^%test% SKIP
        ^!Set %varname%=^?{wizard}

        Cheers,

        Eb