Re: [Clip] Grab stock quotes

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 5, 2009
      Actually, windows is not a problem for me but Inernet Explorer is.
      The app I am writing needs access to the internet (to get the web
      pages to scrape) and approach I took required support of the HTML DOM.
      Only under pain of excruciating death would I use IE.

      Fortunately, as I recently posted, thanks to all the helpful posts
      these past few days, I have reversed my approach and will now
      do everything in NoteTab at ten times the speed and a fraction
      of the effort. Thank you RegEx!

      Although I will accomplish my task this time using only NoteTab,
      there is a huge need for an app engine that will make leverage
      Javascript, HTML, the DOMs, etc in creating platform independent
      apps. Accessing and mashing data from multiple domain is getting
      quite common and will be more so in the future. The cross domain
      scripting security problem needs to be solved.

      Thanks for all your help, Art