Re: Close then reopen

  • jonas_ramus
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2009
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Sezor <sezor@...> wrote:

      > It fails because it transforms the filename (whatever it
      > is) into "efo~NN" - which, naturally, is not found.

      Correct. If you change the :Open section of your clip to...

      ^!Wait
      ^!Info ^%path%^%name%

      you will see that NT is searching a temporary efo-file now which is not to be found in the directory you have stored in your variable since it is saved in \Temp.

      Documents that have not been saved are stored in a temporary file when the token ^** is used. The temporary file is then substituted for the document name.

      Use ^## if you do not want NT to create a temporary file.

      Furthermore: ^## completely returns the file name and path of the active file. So there's no need to use that token with ^$GetPath$ and ^$GetFileName$.

      Probably, the core functions of your clip can be reduced to something like...

      ^!Set %File%=^##
      ^!Close Discard
      ^!Delay 10
      ^!Open ^%File%

      (Tested with NT Pro 6.12)

      Regards,
      Flo
    • Sezor
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2009
        Thanks for all the suggestions.
        I have to admit that I was writing a clip for an action
        which turns out to be available in the menus .. ;-(

        As I use keyboard shortcuts for almost everything,
        I had never spotted the Reload item. I even doubt if
        I've ever used the Edit menu.
        Sezor