Re: [Clip] Re: Quick RegEx Question

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 24, 2009
      Hello,

      Thanks for the help. I thought there should be a simple fix and you guys
      proved it.
      I especially want to thank Shari & Axel for including explanations and Axel
      for
      reminding me about greedy expressions. That would have driven me up the wall
      as the files are full of multiple instances with lots of "important stuff"
      between
      instances! And it sure works a lot better when I inserted the 2nd "?" and
      put it
      outside of the parenthesis! <g>

      I don't use RegEx very often (probably because I don't know it well), so I
      do not
      remember the syntax or operators between uses. NoteTab's built in RegEx help
      file is pretty useless to me and only leads to frustration. Even armed with
      the
      knowledge of (?s), NTB's help file didn't. There was only an entry for
      dotall with
      no explanation of usage or how to turn it off.

      What do you recommend for a resource, either online or downloadable, both to
      look up stuff like this as well as to learn the "language"?

      Thanks again for the assistance.

      Namaste', Art

      BTW Don, either you are psychic with slow email and responded a day before I
      asked or your system clock is a day off. <g> Pick up an atomic clock updater
      from NIST [http://tf.nist.gov/service/its.htm%5d and forget about ever having
      to set
      your clock again.