[Clip] Re: Upper & Low cases

  • ebbtidalflats
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 15, 2009
      I'd like to offer my 2 cents worth (or as Axel would say, his mustard):

      To change the case of EVERY first character of every line,
      WITHOUT LOOPING, use the BLOCK mode and a helper file,
      something like (untested):

      ^!SetWordWrap OFF
      ^!SelectTo ^$GetLineCount$:2
      ^!Menu Modify/Block/Cut
      ^!Set %orig%=^$GetDocIndex$
      ^!Menu File/New
      ^!Set %helper%=^$GetDocIndex$
      ^!Menu Edit/Paste
      ^!Menu Modify/"Text case"/"Upper case"
      ^!Select All
      ^!Menu Modify Block/Copy
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%orig%
      ^!SetCursor 1:1
      ^!Menu Block/Paste
      ^!DestroyDoc ^$GetDocName(^%helper%)$

      Anybody care to time executions of the various solutions?

      Cheers,

      Eb