Re: [Clip] Sizing of windows, such as Info

  • loro
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22, 2009
      John Shotsky wrote:
      >Is it possible to (pre)set the size and font of the Info window as a default?

      I don't think so.

      >If not, is there an alternative way, using
      >a wizard or some other mechanism to bring up some explanatory text
      >that the user just dismisses when they've read it?

      Is it static information? In that case you could try HTA windows,
      explained here (and onwards):
      them all the time. If the text in the info window is generated on the
      fly, maybe this would get too involved.

      Lotta
    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24, 2009
        John,

        Theoretically one could change the font size, but not window size, for info windows, but I believe that also affects other windows, like the clipbook. I'm pretty sure I did this in NTP version 4.something,
        but have not been experimenting with ver 5 or 6, nor do I remember the variable I changed in the INI file.

        This stuff is not documented. As I said, presetting migh affect other windows, and doing so on the fly involves the ProgIniLoad and ProgIniSave commands.

        In theory, if you know the variable name where an option is saved, you can change the variable, save it to the ini file, THEN use ProgIniSave to save it to the disk file, THEN ProgIniLoad to read it back into the current session. AAANNDD I may have this all wrong 8-S .

        But like I said, this is not documented for users, and may not work, AND may not continue to work, since you'd be doing undocumented stuff.

        Several things you can do as alternatives:

        You can use a wizard with (T=M;H=n) or (T=W;H=n) settings,
        where 'n' is the number of lines of the window (and the width
        is set by SetWizardWidth)

        Use the WizardTitle and WizardLabel to enhance the otherwise
        crude display.

        Other methods are pop-ups from ^!Skip, ^!Continue, etc.
        I think these all display several lines, if you embed ^%nl%
        in the text.

        Finally, there is the possibility to switch to a special document containing your message, or receiving your message pastes.

        Cheers,

        Eb