Re: [Clip] Re: best way to test for one of several values?

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 17, 2009
      Axel Berger (Axel-Berger@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-07-17 at
      07:30):
      > Jeff wrote:
      > > a LOT of users have free space on Rootsweb.com, a sub
      > > of Ancestry,com, and they do not support server-side applications.
      >
      > In that case you're right and scripting is the best solution. My "rock
      > bottom cheapo" may have sounded deprecating, but I agree there's
      > absolutely no reason not to avail yourself of free offers while they
      > are
      > sufficient to serve the intended purpose.
      >
      > Unfortunately the time when dial-up or DSL access, and most email
      > services too, always came with some webspace included seem to be over
      > here in Germany. Too few people knew what to do with it so it was
      > better
      > marketing to become even cheaper.

      I lost my 10 MB free FTP location when my local ISP was bought by
      Rogers.com (the monster ISP here in Canada). I used to use GooglePages
      when I wanted to stash some files accessible by others but it seems to
      be in process of being replaced by Google-sites which offers almost the
      same capabilities ... I'm not sure what it offers in the way of
      scripting though.