Re: [Clip] Re: Back Online

  • Alan C
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2009
      On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Larry Hamilton <lmh@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > My DSL modem died on Tuesday. It was about 6 1/2 years old, so it
      > > did its thing.
      > >
      > > Finally got my new modem yesterday and got back online last night
      > > after work.
      >
      > Welcome back! I once lost a network adapter due to a power surge even
      > though the computer was turned off during a storm. The only thing connected
      > to the adapter was a cable modem - and it survived! (as did the computer the
      > card was in).

      Today I install a new electronic sprinkler controller. A recent power
      outage, somehow now the electronic portion of my (20 + year old) Toro
      electronic controller is (bad, no good). Fortunate, only limited to that
      item. All else electrical, electronic is fine at this time.

      Years ago, power outage at a John Deere dealer where I worked. Somehow power
      back on but at a low voltage (either low or a 220 got split/bad so a 220
      (big shop heater) motor spinning overly slowly with peculiar noise (110,
      half of the 220).

      I assisted the shop service manager to A.S.A.P. get the power turned off to
      that and to all other relevant devices. Then, test/troubleshoot and insure
      proper supply (volts, amps etc.) to save/protect high dollar commercial
      electric motors. (soon burn up if left to run on excessively low voltage).

      Alan.