clipcode and several tpl's

  • Adrien Verlee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2009
      Hello,

      You can shoot me, but only now I've discovered that adding "clipcode"
      in the first line of a template makes it easy to do some input.
      Example: ^?[Titel] update the template with four or five "Titles".

      But I can't see how to do it if there are several templates are open.
      For each template I must type the variabel.
      Someone with a suggestion?
      --
      adrien
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2009
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Adrien Verlee <adrien.verlee@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > You can shoot me, but only now I've discovered that adding
        > "clipcode" in the first line of a template makes it easy to do
        > some input. Example: ^?[Titel] update the template with four or
        > five "Titles".
        >
        > But I can't see how to do it if there are several templates are
        > open. For each template I must type the variabel. Someone with a
        > suggestion?

        Try using ^!SaveValue and ^$GetValue$ for setting and retrieving values from multiple contexts. The values are then saved and retrieved from NoteTab's ini file.

      • Adrien Verlee
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 9, 2009
          Op 9-jul-09, om 20:15 heeft Sheri het volgende geschreven:

          >> some input. Example: ^?[Titel] update the template with four or
          >> five "Titles".
          >>
          >> But I can't see how to do it if there are several templates are
          >> open. For each template I must type the variabel. Someone with a
          >> suggestion?
          >
          > Try using ^!SaveValue and ^$GetValue$ for setting and retrieving
          > values from multiple contexts. The values are then saved and
          > retrieved from NoteTab's ini file.

          I think this isn't a solution, because the input is always different.
          The templates represent chapters. Say 10 chapters = 10 templates with
          same author, title, etc.
          But tomorrow there are again 10 chapters, but with another writer,
          title, etc.
          --
          Adrien Verlee -
          www.marxists.org/admin/volunteers/biographies/averlee.htm
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 9, 2009
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Adrien Verlee <adrien.verlee@...> wrote:

            > Op 9-jul-09, om 20:15 heeft Sheri het volgende geschreven:
            >
            > >> some input. Example: ^?[Titel] update the template with four or
            > >> five "Titles".
            > >>
            > >> But I can't see how to do it if there are several templates are
            > >> open. For each template I must type the variabel. Someone with a
            > >> suggestion?
            > >
            > > Try using ^!SaveValue and ^$GetValue$ for setting and retrieving
            > > values from multiple contexts. The values are then saved and
            > > retrieved from NoteTab's ini file.
            >

            > I think this isn't a solution, because the input is always different.
            > The templates represent chapters. Say 10 chapters = 10 templates with
            > same author, title, etc.
            > But tomorrow there are again 10 chapters, but with another writer,
            > title, etc.
            > --
            > Adrien Verlee -
            > www.marxists.org/admin/volunteers/biographies/averlee.htm
            > www.marxists.org/nederlands/

            So set a new variable, but give it a default value from the ini. Save the new value into the ini.

            ^!Set %title%="^?{Title=^$GetValue(latestTitle)$}"
            ^!Savevalue LatestTitle=^%title%

            Now every template that sets %title% in that way can default to the latestTitle, which you can accept or change.