Re: [Clip] "Simple" Tab Replacement Problem

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2009
      REGex it's \t
      Not Regex it's ^T

      I find things like the special variables only work in select places.

      Don Daugherty wrote:
      > John Shotsky wrote:
      >> You can use \t to replace tabs.
      >> John
      > Don't you all love "dumb" questions!
      > After eating lunch, I thought of several answers to my own. In addition
      > to your solution I could have used any of these:
      > ^!Replace "^t" >> "," WAS
      > ^!Replace "^T" >> "," WAS
      > ^!Replace "[[:blank:]]" >> "," RWAS

    • Flo
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2009

        > REGex it's \t
        > Not Regex it's ^T
        >
        > I find things like the special variables only work in select places.

        Don,

        Want some more? In Hex it's \x09. Since PCRE 7.2, you can also use \ci.

        I understood, however, that your question was not how to replace ^%TAB% with another sequence but WHY it doesn't work in a search string -- isn't it? This question is still unanswered.

        In my view, all preset variables matching a character above ANSI 32 can be used in a search string. Not in the search menu but in a clip.

        Flo