Re: [Clip] "Simple" Tab Replacement Problem

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2009
      John Shotsky wrote:
      > You can use \t to replace tabs.
      > John
      Don't you all love "dumb" questions!
      After eating lunch, I thought of several answers to my own. In addition
      to your solution I could have used any of these:
      ^!Replace "^t" >> "," WAS
      ^!Replace "^T" >> "," WAS
      ^!Replace "[[:blank:]]" >> "," RWAS
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2009
        REGex it's \t
        Not Regex it's ^T

        I find things like the special variables only work in select places.

        Don Daugherty wrote:
        > John Shotsky wrote:
        >> You can use \t to replace tabs.
        >> John
        > Don't you all love "dumb" questions!
        > After eating lunch, I thought of several answers to my own. In addition
        > to your solution I could have used any of these:
        > ^!Replace "^t" >> "," WAS
        > ^!Replace "^T" >> "," WAS
        > ^!Replace "[[:blank:]]" >> "," RWAS

      • Flo
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5, 2009

          > REGex it's \t
          > Not Regex it's ^T
          >
          > I find things like the special variables only work in select places.

          Don,

          Want some more? In Hex it's \x09. Since PCRE 7.2, you can also use \ci.

          I understood, however, that your question was not how to replace ^%TAB% with another sequence but WHY it doesn't work in a search string -- isn't it? This question is still unanswered.

          In my view, all preset variables matching a character above ANSI 32 can be used in a search string. Not in the search menu but in a clip.

          Flo