Need help constructing clip

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2009
      I have a few thousand files to save using a formula, and I am unsure how
      to construct the clip for doing it.

      What I am attempting is to rename and save a file, (usually a file which
      hasn't been saved yet, freshly created by another clip a html template)
      By name of the individual the document is about.

      The goal is to be able to select an individual's name in the document,
      (Example: 'Joseph Thomas Smith' or 'Joseph T. Smith') and parse the
      selection to "smith-joseph-thomas.htm" Or "smith-joseph-t.htm" and then
      save that document under that name.

      Here is the coding I previously used for parsing the name:

      :PARSE_NAME
      ^!FocusDoc
      ^!Set %Folder%=^%Drop%
      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
      ^!Toolbar Copy
      ^!SetListDelimiter " "
      ^!SetArray %full_name%=^$GetSelection$
      ^!Set %indexed_name%="^%full_name^%full_name0%%"
      ^!Set %name_counter%=1
      :CreateName
      ^!If ^%name_counter% = ^%full_name0% NameDone
      ^!Set %indexed_name%="^%indexed_name%-^%full_name^%name_counter%%"
      ^!Inc %name_counter%
      ^!Goto CreateName
      :NameDone
      ;strip periods
      ^!Set %indexed_name%=^$StrReplace(".";"";"^%indexed_name%";0;0)$
      ^!Set %indexed_name%=^$StrLower("^%indexed_name%")$
      ^!Set %indexed_name%=^$FileName$

      At this point I would like the document saved in the directory in the
      default place set by NoteTab, BUT in a sub-folder determined by the
      first initial of the surname ( first letter of the created file name).

      ( Save as "s\smith-joseph-thomas.htm"). I would like to have it check if
      the folder name already exists, and if so to error out - and open the
      existing file for comparison/merging in Notetab. (in other words do not
      overwrite it with the new one, but open the existing file).

      This utility if I can get it to work would literally save HOURS of time
      weekly creating, renaming and saving files for FTP upload.

      --

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
      Flockmaster,

      http://ibssg.org/blacksheep/