How to replace characters like ”

  • dm0904
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2009
      How to replace characters like ”

      I was hoping I would see a mention of NoteTab in this discussion thread,
      http://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/index.php?action=printpage%3Btopic=16433.0
      because I am almost sure NoteTab can do a better job.

      Am I right? <g>

      Dido
    • Eric Fookes
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 2009
        Hi Dido,

        Those are UTF-8 characters. To make them "disappear", open the file in
        the latest NoteTab version, then select the File->Save As menu command,
        set the Encoding field to ANSI, and click Save. The resulting file will
        no longer show those strange characters.

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/