Re: [Clip] Which list

  • loro
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2009
      fw wrote:
      >So what is the 'scripts' list for ?

      I thought it was about the use of other other scripting/programming
      languages, run from Notetab or on their own. But I read up and it
      seems it's for clips too. In practice I think we do clips on the clip
      list though. Don't we?
      ----------------------------------
      The NoteTab Scripts Group is for the posting of scripting languages
      such as Perl, RegExp, Gawk, NoteTab Clip Code, etc. The group is not
      necessarily to prevent posting of scripts on the Clips, HTML, Off
      Topic lists, but to help relieve them of a lot of code that most the
      members do not know about. Definitely use the Clips list for Clip
      Code if you want or on this list. Clips or scripts pertaining to HTML
      can be posted on that list or this one.

      Please remember not to post any scripts (Clips) on the Basic list.
      Leave that for NoteTab newbies and new computer users."

      Lotta
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2009
        fw7oaks (fw7oaks@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-06-07 at 17:10):
        > --- On Sun, 6/7/09, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:
        >
        > [snip]
        >
        > > > LOL, Per our charter: "We hope to use the regular list for basic
        > NoteTab
        > > > "How to" questions and other NoteTab assistance in general. The
        > NoteTab
        > > > Clips List is to be used for the Clips and more advanced topics
        > like
        > > > RegExp."
        >
        > So what is the 'scripts' list for ?

        IIRC it was originally set up for discussing things like running Perl
        (or other scripting languages) from within clips. Some of our
        discussions on this list about using DOS commands / unix via cygwin etc.
        might have been done on that list.

        The idea was that such discussion might be irrelevant for the "average"
        clips user/creator. Volume has never been sufficient to really justify
        its use so anything that might go there can instead be done here and
        those not-interested can just use the <DEL> key :-)

      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2009
          perl, php, etc.