Re: [Clip] Clip to remove [x]

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
      ^!Replace " *\[.*?\] *" >> "" RAWS

      You can do it with just a replace dialog too you know ...
      check regex and note that I have a space before the first *

      In regex replace it is:
      space* (get none or more spaces ... I assume you want to remove white space?
      \[ means find a opening square bracket
      .*? means find any number of any characters but the ? makes it not
      greedy so it cannot include a closing ] ...
      \] means find a closing square bracket
      space* means fine any space after a closing square bracket ...

      you may need to leave a space in before or after depending on context
      ... you could replace it with a space and then remove any duplicate
      spaces if you wish ...

      Robin Chapple wrote:
      > I am a NoteTab clips user and have not yet gained an ability to write
      > my own clips.
      >
      > I face many bodies of text from which I need to remove all square
      > brackets and the variable references that are text between these
      > square brackets like: [1] or [never] or [Sundays only]
      >
      > How do I achieve this?
      >
      > Many thanks,
      >
      > Robin Chapple

    • Robin Chapple