Clip to remove [x]

  • Robin Chapple
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
      I am a NoteTab clips user and have not yet gained an ability to write
      my own clips.

      I face many bodies of text from which I need to remove all square
      brackets and the variable references that are text between these
      square brackets like: [1] or [never] or [Sundays only]

      How do I achieve this?

      Many thanks,

      Robin Chapple
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
        ^!Replace " *\[.*?\] *" >> "" RAWS

        Robin Chapple wrote:
        > I am a NoteTab clips user and have not yet gained an ability to write
        > my own clips.
        >
        > I face many bodies of text from which I need to remove all square
        > brackets and the variable references that are text between these
        > square brackets like: [1] or [never] or [Sundays only]
        >
        > How do I achieve this?
        >
        > Many thanks,
        >
        > Robin Chapple

      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
          ^!Replace " *\[.*?\] *" >> "" RAWS

          You can do it with just a replace dialog too you know ...
          check regex and note that I have a space before the first *

          In regex replace it is:
          space* (get none or more spaces ... I assume you want to remove white space?
          \[ means find a opening square bracket
          .*? means find any number of any characters but the ? makes it not
          greedy so it cannot include a closing ] ...
          \] means find a closing square bracket
          space* means fine any space after a closing square bracket ...

          you may need to leave a space in before or after depending on context
          ... you could replace it with a space and then remove any duplicate
          spaces if you wish ...

          Robin Chapple wrote:
          > I am a NoteTab clips user and have not yet gained an ability to write
          > my own clips.
          >
          > I face many bodies of text from which I need to remove all square
          > brackets and the variable references that are text between these
          > square brackets like: [1] or [never] or [Sundays only]
          >
          > How do I achieve this?
          >
          > Many thanks,
          >
          > Robin Chapple

        • Robin Chapple